Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie hello and question

Hello all,

I thought I would set myself a challenge and install myself a car computer. I say a challenge because I'm not too great with computers! Its all installed now and all running good. So Hello!

Now my question .......

I am using centrafuse 3.1 on windows 7 64 bit. I want to setup the bluetooth hands free, I have done so (blue soleil 8 installed), I can hear sound but no one can hear me. From reading the forums I understand the phone microphone doesn't work for bluetooth transfer and I need to install a microphone.

My problem is (I am not a computer wizard) I have just ordered a Craig Brass DAB radio, and this requires the line in jack of the computer (I only have one line in/microphone socket). If I am to install an additional microphone for the hands free, How do I go about using the microphone and the radio?

I am not really in the know with computers, but I'm thinking of putting a jack splitter in so it converts the single line in socket to two and installing a microphone with an on off switch so sound from the microphone is not heard whilst the radio is on. Would that work? I dont really want to do that because I dont really want to switch the microphone on/off each time I make or recieve a call, but if that works and there is no other option then I will do that.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    Dudley

Congratulations on getting your carpc in and going! The biggest step is always just making the leap and doing it. Especially if you feel like you may not be all that great at computers - although you must be better than you thought.
    As for the microphone, I chose a USB microphone to avoid that exact issue. Maybe that will help in your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Strgazr View Post
      Congratulations on getting your carpc in and going! The biggest step is always just making the leap and doing it. Especially if you feel like you may not be all that great at computers - although you must be better than you thought.
      As for the microphone, I chose a USB microphone to avoid that exact issue. Maybe that will help in your situation.
      Thank-you! ahh yeah, obviously! why didnt I think of that?! But if I use a USB microphone will it disable the line in? If it doesn't, does centrafuse switch between the two automatically? i.e. if im listening to the radio and I get a call will CF automatically switch the line in (radio) off and the USB (microphone) on?

Thanks for your help, its appreciated.

Comment

This is the USB microphone i use:

MXL AC-404 Black USB Connector USB-Powered Microphone

Its a littly pricy but i have no issues with it. I am able to have all my windows open and do 60 on the highway and the person on the other end of the line can still clearly hear me!

Comment

Working...
        X