Toslink on mobo to coaxial on amp.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toslink on mobo to coaxial on amp.

Hey guys I have an ASUS mobo: here which has the optical toslink out. I want to connect this to an amp I can get for free: here whose inputs and digital coaxial. I want to connect these up but am stumped as to how to do it. This may not een be possible, i dont know.

If it's not possible or extremely hard/expensive then how would i connect the 1/8" jack to the digital coax?

Thanks for your help,
    Samm.

ps. I have read the FAQ's and searched, just couldn't find the answer I needed.

search for converters here:
    http://www.parts-express.com/home.cfm
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

The problem with those convertors is they require a power source. The other issue is that i have one optical toslink output and 4 coax inputs.

Comment

this is what i get for not looking at the links-- those are analog inputs on the amp. i am not aware of any car audio amp that has 4 coaxial inputs..

the only way to connect toslink to the amp would be to use a toslink-to-analog audio converter, which will have zero advantage(unless you are interested in just blowing money) over using the speaker output jacks of the motherboard..
        My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
        "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided

Comment

ooooohhh i didnt realise they were analog inputs. i thought they were digital. that makes it much easier. thank heaps for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X