Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speed adjustments to frontend (oversized tires)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed adjustments to frontend (oversized tires)

This may be already answered somewhere else, I did a quick search but didn't find anything relating.

I am planning a full carpc system, (7" lilli, amp, door speakers, sub, comp, auto psu, obdII reader, etc), have just about everything planned but the sound card, mobo & cpu, os/frontend.

My question is about frontend adjustments to displayed car speed... I don't have a lot of experience with carpc's, so not sure if this is a common option or not-

Are there any frontends which allow you to adjust your displayed speed? I have oversized tires and want that screen to display my correct speed, not the same speed as my speedometer.

Thanks in advance

What front end are you using that displays your speed from your speedodometer? Most display the speed from GPS, which doesnt need adjustment. Some will use OBD-II, which will need adjustment
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

I haven't put it in yet, but was planning on using obdII, was hoping on a recommendation on the frontend, which would be easiest to mod for this case? I am leaning towards cf or carma, openmo, as I don't really have any experience with frontends.

Thanks

Comment

What I meant was, I don't want it to display the same speed as my speedometer, (which is wrong).

Comment

Get your speed from the GPS. That will be correct. My speedo is a couple mph faster than actual. The GPS gets it right. I've checked both as you go into those "Your speed is..." construction signs and the GPS agrees with the sign while the speedo is always a little faster.

I've also checked it with a stopwatch on a measured mile. Same results.
          Originally posted by ghettocruzer
          I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
          Want to:
          -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
          -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

yea the easiest way would be to use GPS... no modificaction needed. Plus you can get a 5hz GPS unit and the speed will update almost as fast the speedo
            mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
            Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
            Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

what kind of vehicle is it, for newer cars it is possible to change the car ecu to account for the increased tire size and correct the speedo reading
              If anyone gives me a rev - I give them the Bird

Comment

I've got an 07 Honda Ridgeline,

Any recommendations on a GPS unit?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X