Connecting M2-ATX to the D945GSEJT motherboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting M2-ATX to the D945GSEJT motherboard

Hi. I just recieved my goodies in the mail, i have been waiting a while as im in Australia.

Anyway, im watching a video on the site to use as a guide except the difference is they are using a discontinued MB.

My question is what connectors go where from the M2-ATX to the motherboard im using? (D945GSEJT) It does not appear to have the 24pin connectors and such.

Thanks.

Sorry for the Noobness

which video?
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Have you looked at the manual?
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

This is the vid i was using as a rough guide.
        [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERI3rrz4UY4&feature=related[/media]

yes i have read the manual. but that does not answer my question.

The M2-ATX has an 24 pin out.

But the D945GSEJT motherboard does not have a 24 pin 'in'

and yes i have read the D945GSEJT's manual too.
        this is the snapshot from it.

Comment

You bought the wrong motherboard (or the wrong PSU). Neither manual will out-and-out say that, but you should be able to figure that out from their content.

You can make the M2 work, but it will be kluuge job.
          If you want to make the M2 work, I suggest learning how an ATX power supply functions and where it supplies different voltages.

Personally, I'd exchange either the motherboard or the PSU to get something that is meant to work together.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Thanks for that.

I have already sent the store an email asking if i can simply return and exchange the motherboard. not too sure what the return policy is for being an idiot.

Cheers.

Comment

I think your motherboard uses +12V power. If you are unable to return it its quite easy to get it work. The yellow wire of the 24 pin connector is the +12V rail. You can hook that up to the back of your motherboard (there should be a DC input there, or connect it to "B". The PSU can be turned on by shorting the green wire with any black wire.

Comment

Your board is fine with that PSU.

Use the 4-pin molex connection from the M2 and connect it to B (on the board).
                For that to work you just need to directly connect the green wire on the 24-pin block of the M2 to a black wire. I use the green wire and the black one right next to it. Without connecting the green to black your 4-pin will not work.

Comment

Uhh... I bet he figured something out by now considering the last post before yours was over a year ago.

Plus your solution isn't quite a solution. What about power on/off? Green to black would make the M2 powered on all the time other than timed hard off if set up correctly.
                  Tidder

Try RevFE
                  The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

My mistake about it being an old thread. I was browsing threads for a different issue.

The green/black is necessary for the PSU to work. It has nothing to do with power on/off. It's simply a requirement that those pins are connected for the PSU to work at all.

Comment

yes, but most intelligent dc-dc psu's use that connections as a 'sense' circuit to tell if the pc is running, or has turned off yet or not.

by keeping it connected all the time, the psu thinks that the pc is always running, so it won't send a startup signal, or will keep trying to power off, but never actually turn off because it thinks the pc is still running..
                      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                      carpc undecided

Comment

Mine works just fine with these permanently connected and sends the approriate power on/off signals via J8/J9 as expected. Without the connection, the PSU does nothing at all.

Comment

The thing is, with the green and black connected together, the PSU is on all the time. Sure the PC will probably power on and off correctly in most situations but the fact is the PSU is still on when the PC is off unless the M2's time limit has been reached for the hard off. Not a very elegant way to go imo.
                          Tidder

Try RevFE
                          The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Working...
                          X