Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which screen??

ok so i have a question about the liliput screens:
    why would you use a dc connection powered screen when you could just use a usb powered screen? it doesn't make any sense?!?
    is there any reason to use one instead of another?

Originally posted by vollosso View Post
    ok so i have a question about the liliput screens:
    why would you use a dc connection powered screen when you could just use a usb powered screen? it doesn't make any sense?!?
    is there any reason to use one instead of another?
    QUESTION: How many and what kind of USB peripherals will you be using?

I have 8 (soon to be 11) three are transmitting and receiving all the time (OBD II, Fusion Brain, Joystick, then there's audio over USB). Do you think video added to this mix might slow everything down to a halt?
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

not to mention that usb screens will not display anything until after the OS boots. this means that ANY hardware problem that halts the bootup process means that you will not have any clue what your carpc is doing..

even if there was a screen that got only power from a usb port(zero data transfer), i would still hard-wire it to my dc-dc's 5v output to prevent it from becoming a burden on the motherboard... and depending on the board, many power the usb ports off when the board is off, so there is still a good chance that a motherboard issue could prevent the display from working, and preventing proper trouble shooting..
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

allright thanks. hey when i wire up my screen and computer and amp do i need to have multiple runs from my fuse box?

Comment

I recommend having no runs from your fuse panel. Run lines straight from the battery instead.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
            I recommend having no runs from your fuse panel. Run lines straight from the battery instead.
            and be sure to fuse the wires within 12 inches of the battery..

the only thing you should need to tie into the factory wiring for is the ACC signal that will trigger all the devices to start up-- and typically this line has a factory fuse, though it wouldn't hurt anything to fuse that as well..
            My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
            "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
            carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
            X