OBD elm327 vs OBDLINK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD elm327 vs OBDLINK

well I have been reading up about obd cables for use with laptops and I seem to have come to the choice between the elm327 and the OBDlink

can anyone please give me some point of views on each of these items

I am looking to use a obd cable for simple task's like fault code reading to mph calculators. on the widest range of vehicle

regards

The OBDLink is an ELM327 compatible interface. Its probably a little faster than most other ELM327 devices, but the features supported should be the same for both.

I would personally recommend the OBDLink, I've had good luck with them.

Comment

Seconded. The OBDLink has been more reliable, and faster than any true-style ELM327 based device, and better/faster than any of the other "compatible" devices too.
      "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
      RevFE
      My Shop

Comment

so really theres not much diffence between the two code readers?

whats the diffence between the OBDlink and THE OBDLINK SX?

regards

Comment

Defiantly the OBDLink. I might be biased as I never tried the ELM327 but I have an OBDLink and from my experience it is reliable. It hasn't failed me yet when used on the different cars I work on.

Comment

ok so Im sure im going to go for the OBDLINK is there much difference in the OBDLINK to the OBD SX?

Comment

any 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Passion336 View Post
                any 1?
                From the looks of it. The SX is just cheaper(in price), smaller and usb only. Atleast, the ODBLINK offers bluetooth and wifi options.

I don't know the technical differences between the two but maybe it's something to shoot an email to the peeps at scantool.

But in my perspective, if it is not broken don't fix it. Which leads to, I'd get the proven and known of the two. Then again, having something spiffy and new is always nice.

Comment

Working...
                X