Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Introduction

Hello everyone....
    I'm pretty new to Modding, Linux (Ubuntu) and carputers. (I've been a windows guy forever).
    I found your wonderful site and have had many great ideas and found lots of great information.

I do have lots of questions and issues but they can wait until later (won't be driving the car anytime soon anyway with it being winter).

anyway... this is my ride:
    MightyMustangs.net
    Cardomain

My plans are to put an old desktop in behind the driver's seat - running desktop version Ubuntu 10.10 - getting a small touchscreen that will be mounted on a swivel type thing in the glove box so it can be put away and pulled out to use. I will be getting ECU reading software so that I can have a gauge pod equivalent on screen as well as controlling music and movies (less of the later). The biggest plan and reason for the project is having Bluetooth for my phone (have been looking into samr7's "HFP for Linux").

I'm not looking to mount or reshape anything in the car - I want to keep it as stock looking as possible - both mods and carputer.

well this is me and my reasons for joining - I plan to learn a lot and hope to be able to give some back.

welcome! be sure to check out the obd2 section-- there should be lots there for your project.
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
    X