• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best CarPC software

I know of Ride Runner.

is there better software?
    what are most popular software

Define software? If you're talking about frontends, the big two are Ride Runner, and Centrafuse. OpenMobile is rapidly getting larger, and will likely eventually be considered one of the big ones. Look in the Frontend section of this forum. There is a huge list of available frontends, most of them small and still under some development, but those are the main ones.

There is also a variety of other misc. software that is useful. Here are some links for you to check out:
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    My Shop

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

did that come out right?

sorry, the right frontend is the one you are happiest with, your gonna have to put some effort into it, didn't mean to belittle you, but this comes up often with newbies.

I use RR, and understand that I have to put a lot of time into it to get the functionality I'm looking for. I hear Centrafuse might be an easier entry into the hobby, and I do believe that OpenMobile just may prevail in the end as the best PC based frontend.

And then there is the whole tablet question....
      TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
      BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
      BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

^ this accurately represents my opinion as well-- though the beginning was a little nicer then i was going to be..
        My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
        "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided