need some help deciding what i should do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help deciding what i should do

so iv been looking around and cant decide what os/ front end to use when i setup my incar...
    here's what i want to do in order of most to least::
    -media player w/ voice control
    -hd radio
    -sirius
    -tv via sling media/sling box
    -bluetooth for phone
    -gps
    hardware i plan on is::
    -mac mini
    -4g air card
    -the biggest screen i can fit in the dash

the biggest problem is i haven't found one piece of software to do it all... on top of all that i would love to have the on car system to sync to my media server. thanks for any help in advance, Ben

Except for the TV, I'm pretty sure any of the big front ends (RR, CF, etc) will do all of that. The TV should work, but you'd have to run the application in some sort of plug-in or wrapper. I know CF can do that, but I don't know about RR - but I'd be surprised if it doesn't have that type of capability. Of course, you'll have to run Windows on your Mac, because I don't think CF and RR support the Mac OS. I think most Mac Mini users install Windows in Bootcamp.

Syncing is something else. The front ends might not do it, but it's pretty easy to push/pull music with something like sync toy. There are probably a few threads about syncing music that cover it.
    1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

Most of the major frontends also have plugins for syncing playlists, and they also all support embedding external applications, so if you have one to play your TV, you can embed it in the frontend fairly easily.
      "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
      RevFE
      My Shop

Comment

sweet thanx guys

Comment

Originally posted by kegobeer View Post
          I know CF can do that, but I don't know about RR - but I'd be surprised if it doesn't have that type of capability.
          Kegobeer, does this count as a TV plug for RR? --------------> http://www.mp3car.com/rr-released-pl...rr-plugin.html
          Last edited by RAWPWR; 04-09-2011, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Like I said, I didn't know because I don't use RR. I usually don't go crawling around looking for plugins for stuff I don't use.
            1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

Working...
            X