No announcement yet.

new to carpc problem.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to carpc problem.

hi all. i have built a carpc for my ford falcon. i have mounted a 7inch touch screen in the dash. and have build a itx setup with a Gigabyte GA-D525TUD, 4gb of corsair ram, and a 500gb laptop hard drive. i also have a dual battery system in my car to run the audio setup off of the second battery.

now i have used for a power supply. but the system is randomly shutting down. i thought i was due to a faulty alternator not charging the second battery but i have to remove the power supply and leave out and then replace to get it to run again.

i have tried quite a few things but cant fix it and i am at the end of my chain with it.

also i am running windows 7 on the unit. just wondering is what is a good media player to use and a good gps program for australia.

honestly, you get what you pay for.
    I would say the power supply isn't very good. Maybe try something tested and known to be suitable for the application, such as:

where is aus are you?

What front end are you running?
      1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.