No announcement yet.

need help with what components i need

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • need help with what components i need

    ok so ive started building my car pc and so far i have a micro itx case, zotac ion motherboard with atom 330 chipset and i have a mini 12v 120w dc-dc vehicle power supply (looks like the M3-ATX) and i will be getting 2gb of ddr2 ram and a ssd 60 gb HD.

    I have the A-U version with built in 12v PSU.. i realise i cant connect the 20pin M2-ATX and it requires 19v to be powered so what do i need to do? do i need to buy the carnetix regulator or can i do something else that can be held within the case?
    Last edited by spewk1; 05-11-2011, 11:04 PM. Reason: more info

  • #2
    yes, you will need to purchase a 19v compatible power supply. the carnetix series has become pretty popular, but recently, there are a couple other options available in the mp3car store as well.
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

    next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided