Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2-DIN LCD / VGA / USB with built in AM/FM Radio??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-DIN LCD / VGA / USB with built in AM/FM Radio??

I'm looking to start on a CarPC project for my Volvo S70T5.
    I have a laptop (Dell D630) and a DC-DC power adapter built for the D630

I have a double-din area to work with. I don't want to buy an external AM/FM tuner card for the laptop plus at least one AMP for my speakers... so I'd like a monitor (2DIN) with built in AM/FM radio and amp 25wx4.

I've found ONE...the CID650. This is a 6.5" touchscreen LCD with VGA input.

Are there ANY OTHER units that are similar to this one in existance?? I'm in the US.
    Or maybe there is a better option out there. I'm on a tight budget and already have most of my stuff. All I THINK I need is the display and maybe a nice USB sound card and I'm ready to rock.

there are not any other units that exist that meet those specific requirements..

i have learned to be very leary of any motorized screens-- so far, all the reviews i have read indicate failure rate that too high imo..
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

It looks like Lilltput has a single-Din unit that has a built in AM/FM tunner. I agree I don't want motorized. I do have a 2DIN space to work with as well. You'd think they'd make a double-DIN version of this model...
      http://store.mp3car.com/Lilliput_GL7..._p/mon-020.htm

Comment

http://www.revo-sys.com/65_inch_doub...pc_monitor.php

how about this one??

Comment

i have seen the revosys site before, but have never seen any reviews on any of their products, but most of the revosys stuff looks decent..
          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

Comment

woohooo! I have my CarPC computer now. Dell Latitude D610. It's in rough shape. NO Keyboard / NO LCD (at all) / NO Battery / NO CD/DVD.
            It's basically just a laptop base with motherboard. Good news is all 3 USB ports work and the NIC works.
            Had a hard drive laying around that worked! Loaded up XP SP3!!

I also have a car adapter (DC-DC) built for the D610 that works for power.

So far I've spent $0 !! All I need now is this screen. And maybe a nice USB sound card?

Comment

Working...
            X