Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between these two TDA7850 amp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Difference between these two TDA7850 amp

    Hi,

    Been browsing around for better priced parts for my 1st carpc unit and found this out:


    these with green speakers plug goes for 25$ free shipping to Brazil (dunno if I can post where I found it, since we are on a store forum)



    these are the ones sold by mp3car for 80$.


    what`s the difference between these 2?

  • #2
    I dont know if I would call it a stores forum so much as a community forum that happens to have a store. Well I cant see the first picture let alone no specs are posted but assuming they are the same product, I can tell you why I buy from mp3car.
    Yes the price may be more then others but like most things in life you get what you pay for.
    For example: I made a large order and couple things were messed up but by far mp3car went the extra mile to make returns and exchanges as painless as possible compared to other online retailers I have had to deal with.

    Also it helps support this site where you can get pretty decent support on you carpc needs.
    My CarPC Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR

    Comment


    • #3
      ^ what he said, though with you being in brazil, it might be cheaper to get the other one, considering how expensive shipping is for things going out of the US...


      they appear to be the same, but be forewarned-- you need a heatsink on the chipset, otherwise, you'll burn up the amp in a matter of minutes. if you search for nivanov's(i think that's his forum name-- check the mp3car thread on this amp's release-- i linked to his build thread there as well) build thread, he covers what seems to some decent methods for this..
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"


      next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

      Comment


      • #4
        Hey! I did buy this amp on ebay and it does a decent job, and it doesn't get that hot. However, I found another amp on ebay on the same chip - search for "TDA7850 with denoiser". It has ground loop isolators onboard along with other noise suppressing circuitry. I'm not sure what the quality of it is, though - I just ordered it several days ago, so I should be getting it in about 2 weeks. It also costs $25 shipped, so I figured I'd give both of them a shot.

        For the amp you have listed in this thread, I recommend you get a northbridge heatsink and thermal-epoxy it to the chip. I used Arctic Silver epoxy and it works really well. One thing though - make sure the amp and the heatsink fit OK - that epoxy is permanent

        EDIT: Here's a pic of the other amplifier:
        Last edited by nivanov; 05-24-2011, 11:13 PM.
        ------------------------------------------------------------
        My Project: All-in-one Double Din Unit

        Comment


        • #5
          @nivanov, since you already have a TDA7850 amp, what made you buy the other amp from ebay? What's the importance of denoiser and it having ground loop isolators onboard?
          `
          ,,`,,
          ,,`,,
          ``,,`,,` `
          ,,`,,
          ,,`,,
          `
          `

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by blackflux View Post
            @nivanov, since you already have a TDA7850 amp, what made you buy the other amp from ebay? What's the importance of denoiser and it having ground loop isolators onboard?
            I needed ground loop isolators to get rid of a ground loop hum that appeared in my system. I also heard that the alternator can cause additional noise, which can also be solved by putting inline group loop isolators. Originally, I bought the first TDA7850, the smaller one. I added a breadboard to it with 4 GLIs and 4 RCA inputs, which i relocated from the amp itself (they were pointing down and were not suitable for my use anyhow). That solution worked well but was too bulky - and I'm very tight on space.
            Another reason is that the first amp has speaker outputs on both sides, which is awkward. The other amp's speaker outputs are all on one side, which is perfect since that side will line up with the speaker jack holder in my case.
            ------------------------------------------------------------
            My Project: All-in-one Double Din Unit

            Comment


            • #7
              @nivanov, ok cool, did you receive the new amp yet and if so how does it compare to the first the amp?
              `
              ,,`,,
              ,,`,,
              ``,,`,,` `
              ,,`,,
              ,,`,,
              `
              `

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by blackflux View Post
                @nivanov, ok cool, did you receive the new amp yet and if so how does it compare to the first the amp?
                Shipping is taking two weeks. I just checked the tracking and I think i'll be getting it today. I'll let you know how it goes
                ------------------------------------------------------------
                My Project: All-in-one Double Din Unit

                Comment


                • #9
                  TDA7850 with Denoiser standby and mute functions

                  I ordered the same TDA7850 with the DeNoiser Function you are showing last week, But I'm in Canada, and there is a looming postal strike, I don't know when I will receive it.
                  It shows coming with a heatsink and tube of glue, is this sufficient if mounted in the open behind the LCD in the dash?
                  Also, circuit board diagrams on the site show a standby a mute function, I have a M2-ATX with a line that is suppose to go to the amp to prevent popping, are you using either the standby or mute for this purpose?
                  Thanks
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TheMadTinker View Post
                    I ordered the same TDA7850 with the DeNoiser Function you are showing last week, But I'm in Canada, and there is a looming postal strike, I don't know when I will receive it.
                    It shows coming with a heatsink and tube of glue, is this sufficient if mounted in the open behind the LCD in the dash?
                    Also, circuit board diagrams on the site show a standby a mute function, I have a M2-ATX with a line that is suppose to go to the amp to prevent popping, are you using either the standby or mute for this purpose?
                    Thanks
                    The previous amp - TDA7850 without any denoiser stuff - I mounted a pretty large northbridge heatsink on it, thinking - hey the bigger the better. It was WAY overkill. Looking at the same amp on mp3car, they have a small heatsink, about the size of the chip itself. This one is over twice the length of the chip and has taller fins. I can't guarntee it, but I bet it's big enough to keep the chip cool.

                    The schematics show the StandBy and Mute functions, but I'm not sure how to use them. Maybe someone who can read the schematics comment on what to do to use them? I was just gonna put a relay on V-in and control that with a serial port.
                    ------------------------------------------------------------
                    My Project: All-in-one Double Din Unit

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I just got the amp today after work. See my post for first impressions
                      ------------------------------------------------------------
                      My Project: All-in-one Double Din Unit

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        car amp with denoiser

                        Hi, i was just wondering with the amp with denoiser. how would you hook up a heaphone jack to it? Im looking at hooking up a laptop. will this work ok? and can someone comment on the sound quality. thanx

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Alfredbra View Post
                          Hi, i was just wondering with the amp with denoiser. how would you hook up a heaphone jack to it? Im looking at hooking up a laptop. will this work ok? and can someone comment on the sound quality. thanx
                          It's a 4 channel amp so you if you only have one headphone output, you can get a stereo headphone splitter. As far as hooking it up to a headphone jack - the amp comes with a 8pin JST connector with wires - you can see the pinout on the ebay post (note that the inputs are 1-2-4-3, for some reason). Just solder up those wires to a headphone plug and you'll be all set.
                          ------------------------------------------------------------
                          My Project: All-in-one Double Din Unit

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TheMadTinker View Post
                            I ordered the same TDA7850 with the DeNoiser Function you are showing last week, But I'm in Canada, and there is a looming postal strike, I don't know when I will receive it.
                            It shows coming with a heatsink and tube of glue, is this sufficient if mounted in the open behind the LCD in the dash?
                            Also, circuit board diagrams on the site show a standby a mute function, I have a M2-ATX with a line that is suppose to go to the amp to prevent popping, are you using either the standby or mute for this purpose?
                            Thanks
                            fyi the reason vin works is you're opening the transistor on the pins which control the stand by and mute. You can see your voltage gets applied to the gate of the transistor.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by nivanov View Post
                              Hey! I did buy this amp on ebay and it does a decent job, and it doesn't get that hot. However, I found another amp on ebay on the same chip - search for "TDA7850 with denoiser". It has ground loop isolators onboard along with other noise suppressing circuitry. I'm not sure what the quality of it is, though - I just ordered it several days ago, so I should be getting it in about 2 weeks. It also costs $25 shipped, so I figured I'd give both of them a shot.

                              For the amp you have listed in this thread, I recommend you get a northbridge heatsink and thermal-epoxy it to the chip. I used Arctic Silver epoxy and it works really well. One thing though - make sure the amp and the heatsink fit OK - that epoxy is permanent

                              EDIT: Here's a pic of the other amplifier:
                              Hey I wound up with the same TDA7850 with denoiser, how in the world did you connect that 8wire input to motherboard? any advise would be greatly appreciated

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X