No announcement yet.

Jeep Grand Cherokee - anyone done a CarPC install in one?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Grand Cherokee - anyone done a CarPC install in one?

Hi Guys

I'm starting my very first CarPC build (yep, i'm scared!), and its going to be going into my Jeep Grand Cherokee (03), and I just wondered if anyone has done an install in one of these before? I'm looking to fit a 7" screen in the hole in the dash where the existing radio is (i've bought a secondhand radio surround to chop about and hopefully make it fit).

If anyone has any comments or suggestions for either the PC or the screen fitment, i'd be very grateful to hear them.

have you tried searching?
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

I have tried, but from what I can see the guys and gals that have done Jeep installs, havent been online for quite some time. I was hoping there might have been others who have done the installs, but might not have posted about them yet.

I did an install in a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Here is the link to that thread. Also I don't have the Jeep anymore (Had a really bad roll over during the winter) but I do still have the fabrication minus the screen. It may save you some time with your install. PM me if interested.

Where did you install the carputer in your setup ^

I mounted the carpc under the back seat on the drivers side.