Can't get fuse out of amp! Need help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get fuse out of amp! Need help

So my subs stopped working a bit ago and I haven't excessively bumped them so they couldn't have just blown.

The light on my amp (alpine v power mrp-m1000) kicks on just fine and my head unit still displays the option for my subwoofers settings. So I'm thinking that maybe a fuse was blown in it. I had that problem with my last sub and amp set.

My trouble comes in when I try to take the fuses out to look at them. I can't get the damn things to budge at all. Pliers don't work, wiggling it side to side doesn't work. Is there a locking mechanism that I've missed?

And if anyone has any other advice about my sub problem, I'm all ears to other possible solutions.

try pushing it in a little first?

desolder the fuse holder?

replace the amp?
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Pictures could help. Is it circular? If it is I would try push in and turn left? If it's not, have you look on the inside and pushing from there? Just shooting in the dark here.
      Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
      Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

I will definitely post some pictures tomorrow after work.

Comment

i have heard of and seen fuses getting so hot they "solder" to the fuse holder, that may be what happened here
          they call me hack
          Independence Auto Tech
          http://ctxdesigns.com - web design :)
          "Let us search out and examine out ways, and turn back to the Lord; Let us lift our hearts and hands to God in heaven." - lamentations 3:40-41

Comment

Sorry it took so long, here are two pictures of the fuses that I can't get out of the amp. One seems to be somewhat coming out, but that was after 8-10 minutes of pulling on it with pliers. Anyone have any experience with this problem?

Comment

They can be tight, but they should pull. Wiggle a bit up & down - the "sockets" are mere female spade terminals - you can see the terminal's wrap over on the middle fuse, top RHS.

It is unlikely that solder has flowed that far.
              And they should not have been glued in.

Only if plating has occurred should there be a problem, but then you'll probably need to replace the sockets anyhow....

A likely replacement:
              (Narva Product Code: 54394BL)

Other types:

Typical "spade" connector - same end in many OEM blade fuse holders:

Comment

your already trying what i do-- pull on them with a pliers..
                My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
                X