Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what Software is used here ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what Software is used here ?

What is the voice software the guy is using in this video ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_R8XMJUhaw

also can it be used with centrafuse aswell or just RR also is it hard to set up.

Thanks guys

but his using it before opening up Ride Runner ?

Comment

I believe the plugin has a separate exe file which allows it to act as an input for windows, however the package has a RR specific DLL which allows it to interact with RR.

It does not come with such a DLL for CF.

Comment

I see thanks for the information, looks like i will be using RR if i want a voice activated car pc lol

Comment

She listens better than my wife....

I do like how the voice recognition stops listening often so the music does not conflict with the voice commands.

Comment

Bill is using a 3rd party program actually to control the PC. We installed that system back in January. It is a prototype CarPC, that should be available in the near future, he was the Guinea pig

He really loved the voice recognition in the skin when I installed that in his car, but he was determined to find a way to control the complete PC from a wireless mic setup for car shows. I can't remember the name of the program he is using off hand, but I can call and ask him, and report back here.

He has a really really nice show car! Here is a picture the day he drove up from Ft. Lauderdale and we installed the system.

EDIT:
            In the demo he is using e-Speaking for the voice recognition.
            Touchscreen hardware Double-Din VGA from Innovatek
            Software: Ride Runner and the DFX skin
            CarPC Hardware, not yet released in North America.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by JohnWPB; 06-21-2011, 10:03 PM.
            Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWPB View Post
              Bill is using a 3rd party program actually to control the PC. We installed that system back in January. It is a prototype CarPC, that should be available in the near future, he was the Guinea pig

He really loved the voice recognition in the skin when I installed that in his car, but he was determined to find a way to control the complete PC from a wireless mic setup for car shows. I can't remember the name of the program he is using off hand, but I can call and ask him, and report back here.

He has a really really nice show car! Here is a picture the day he drove up from Ft. Lauderdale and we installed the system.

EDIT:
              In the demo he is using e-Speaking for the voice recognition.
              Touchscreen hardware Double-Din VGA from Innovatek
              Software: Ride Runner and the DFX skin
              CarPC Hardware, not yet released in North America.
              Really? That would be GREAT!!! if you could find out all the software he used.

So far on my prototype pc i have RR installed with DFX 5.1 and RRVoice all installed tho i just cant figure out how to use RRVoice lol i have followed the installation instructions and created the .ini with my songs tho have no idea how to use the plugin. Im not even sure if its suppose to come up under the plugin settings in RR, if it is its not there lol and all i see is a red mic on the top right hand of RR tho not sure if that is related or not.

Thanks in advanced.

Thanks

Comment

all that work, and he still is running halogen headlights?!?....
                My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                carpc undecided

Comment

Better than HIDs....
                  (as an upgrade path)

Comment

Originally posted by Austrazilian View Post
                    Really? That would be GREAT!!! if you could find out all the software he used.

Thanks
                    I posted all the software, with full links to it in my last post
                    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Ooops sorry i must have missed that/

I was just wondering now what does the red mic on the top right of RR mean and is there like a button i have to hold before i speak into the mic.

I followed this installation guide and did everything here.

## SETUP ##
                      Turn off RideRunners built in VR in rr.ini if you have it on.
                      Make sure that Voice Recognition and your Microphone is set up correctly.
                      1. Unzip and Drop the all files into "RRPATH"\Plugins\RRVoice"
                      Note: There are sample .skin and .png files (DFX4)
                      2. Run the batch file in the folder: "RRPATH"\Plugins\RRVoice\Register.bat
                      3. Open RRVoiceConfig.exe and Click the "Create" Button and let it find your MP3 and WMA files.
                      Note: Currently only finds MP3 and WMA Files.
                      You will note that you have full ini editing capabilities in RRVoiceConfig.exe.
                      Debug is off by default in both apps, Leave it off for now. Turn it on later if you need to debug.
                      You can close RRVoiceConfig.exe now if you wish.
                      Start RideRunner. RRVoice will start and stop with RideRunner.
                      On startup RRVoice will minimize to system tray, right click on it to pop it up.
                      RRVoice now Creates a list (RRVoice.txt) of CURRENT Commands in it's Folder by Calling "RRVOICE_LIST"

How ever when it came up to this section i didnt really understand it, maybe this is where i am going wrong if anyone can clarify it for me.

## Testing ##
                      Take a look at and scroll through the default commands listed in the Commands Listbox in RRVoice.
                      I have it currently setup with a few default commands as you can see in the Commands Listbox.
                      Now click on the word "VR OFF" on the RRVoice form
                      -or-
                      Use the skin commands as noted below
                      -or-
                      Use serialswitch and a momentary button, as noted below, to execute the RRVOICE_ON command
                      -or-
                      Use any input device to execute the RRVOICE_ON command.
                      "VR OFF" will change to "VR ON" on the RRVoice Form.
                      Say a command and you will see the application and RR recognize your command.
                      If everything is correct you will see the RideRunner command in bold at the bottom of RRVoice
                      and RR will execute your command.
                      If not. Go back and Setup or Train SAPI or Setup your microphone correctly.
                      I will not provide support for your SAPI VR or Microphone issues.

Sorry for wasting your time and thank you for going out of your way to read this.

Comment

Originally posted by Austrazilian View Post
                        Ooops sorry i must have missed that/

I was just wondering now what does the red mic on the top right of RR mean and is there like a button i have to hold before i speak into the mic.
                        The red mic is the button to push.
                        CAR: 2007 G35 Sport Coupe 5AT
                        HARDWARE: Dell D630 w/ dock, internal 80G HD, internal 320G HD, Verizon Wireless Card, iBlue GM-2 GPS w/iGuidance, OBDPros w/DashCommand, Visteon HD Radio w/ Home Made Cable, Current Version of RR w/ DFX Skin. My Install.

Comment

Damn i push and hold the red mic tho nothing happens lol

Comment

Originally posted by OldSpark View Post
                            Better than HIDs....
                            (as an upgrade path)
                            there is a right way and a wrong way to do hids.

if it takes less then 10 min to install them, your probably doing it wrong.

the correct method means installing a projector unit designed to use the output of the hid light source.. my 'starter-basic' retro(a couple things to correct, many ideas to add) took me about 6 hours(check the last couple posts of my build log)..
                            My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                            "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                            carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
                            X