PC turns on then off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC turns on then off

Hello my sysem consist of a Intel D525mw motherboard, 4gigs memory, m4-atx power supply, sata HD, SATA dvd rom, and running Windows XP (for right now) So my prob is when ever I start my car the pc will turn ond then shut off after 2 or 3 sec. I then have to manually turn it on. Befor I installed it in the car it did the same thing but I thought I fixed it because it stoped doing it. Now that it is in the car its doing it again I tryed to see if theres something in the bios but I cant find anything. Can someone help me???? Thank You

What type of cooling fan?

Comment

have you tried disconnecting the power button lead from the m4 and manually triggering the mo-bo? i have my suspicians that the m4 is sending too long of a pulse, getting the pc to turn on, go through bios, then realize the power button is being held, and shut off..
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

If all else fails, try this.

Palm sized ainol MiniPC, 8" Transreflective PRO, Win10, Reverse camera, Dual 10HZ GPS RX's for Speed Display & Sat Nav, FM-DAB & Phone Modules, iDrive interface. T-Screen HVAC control, custom microcontrollers, microcode and FE.

Comment

I will try the power botton thing. About the cooling fan the motherboard is an air cooled board but I did install a fan onto the heatsink its a fan for a southbridge chip and there are two case fans. After a 2hr drive both cores were at 40/C so I know its not a heat issue. Thanks for the help I'll keep you posted

Comment

Ok I removed the power lead and was going to jump it off the MB but it the pc turned on then off again with nothing hooked to the power button jumpers I have the dip switchs all off except #1 is on the M4 I'm thinking it might be in the bios settings or something. Dose anyone have any ideas? Thanks alot for all your help.

Comment

the next step would be to remove the pc from the car and test the motherboard with a known-working ac-dc computer power supply. though it does sound like your motherboard is defective.
              My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
              "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
              carpc undecided

Comment

I have removed it from the car and bench tested. It was doing the same thing with the AC power supply. I went into bios and changed settings in the when power is removed what should happend and turned it to turn on and that stoped it but now when I start the car it turns on but wont shut off when I turn the car off. im going to try the other settings. Will see

Comment

Ronb, Did you ever figure this issue out? I have the same motherboard and Power Supply and it is doing the same exact thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X