Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Quality Question

Hi All,

I have a quick question that I am currently debating in my head. I have a Y Cable which is obviously going to provide a better audio but looking to use A2DP or aux in. I am thinking of buying the Belkin AirCast Auto which streams A2DP audio from phone and plugs into the Aux In port.

Am I better (quality wise) using the Aircast to stream music through A2DP to aux in or using a wired Aux in connection to my iPhone?

I would naturally say the aux in is going to provide better quality but A2DP would provide an easier install.

Thanks

Wired is definitely better.

Comment

it really depends on the person. i can tell a difference between 64kbp/s audio files(can't stand them for any more then a minute or two) and 128+ kbp/s audio files, but many other people cant' tell what all the fuss is about.

for my car, i would only hardwire it. but it's your car, and your ears-- i recommend trying to pick up a really cheap a2dp adapter and trying it for yourself.
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

soundman98 is right. It does depend on the quality of the a2dp system as well. My winter car has a clarion deck with a2dp and I couldn't listen to talk on that let alone music. My carpc with bluesoleil actually sounds fairly good. I'm pretty picky though and with a good system or a good set of headphones can tell between 128 and 256. I encode everything at 320 cause space is of little concern now. I've actually been half tempted to buy a cheap bigger drive for my netbook and put everything in WAV format. Biggest problem is tags. I digress.

Comment

Thanks for the help. Think I will try hardwire it and maybe install the A2DP for phone connectivity and try using that as well.

Comment

Working...
          X