Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mitchjs , which usb HD radio woiuld you recommend?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mitchjs , which usb HD radio woiuld you recommend?

I'm a newbie when it comes to a "headless" system. I've been reading about mitchjs's cable for the Visteon HDZ300 and Directed DMHD1000 and then I read about the BoomzBox and am confused as hell.

Basically, I want to have a headless (no headunit) system. I want to have HD radio and my mini-itx MB will have a 35W i3 cpu with the OS either win7 or 8 running RideRunner.

Yes, I am very interested in mitchjs' opinion on what is the best usb hd radio for obvious reasons but I welcome all opinions.

Thanks in advance to all responses.

(damn, just notice I misspelled "would" in the title...sorry)
    Last edited by bambam; 06-20-2012, 08:51 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -AE

The visteon and Directed are the same unit, just branded differently. Either one is good and work with mitch's cable and in most frontends. I have no knowledge of the boombox. SNO

Comment

Boomzbox has been the best for me (and believe me i have ALL of them), but availability is extremely limited on it and its going to cost more than the Directed Model. I just like having audio over USB that the Boomzbox provides. That being said, the Visteon, Directed, OR Boomzbox is the way to go because no other devices compare with sound quality and ease of adaptibility
      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

sonic said it...

visteon/directed and my cable... very HQ and very affordable
        amazing how many visteon/directed tuners out there
        -Thanks
        Mitch
        www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
        May healing waters bury all my pain
        Wind, Carry me home
        The fabric of reality is tearing apart
        The piece of me that died
        Will return To live again

Comment

Thanks guys...appreciate it
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -AE

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
            Boomzbox has been the best for me (and believe me i have ALL of them), but availability is extremely limited on it and its going to cost more than the Directed Model. I just like having audio over USB that the Boomzbox provides. That being said, the Visteon, Directed, OR Boomzbox is the way to go because no other devices compare with sound quality and ease of adaptibility
            Because it (Boomzbox) seems to be the choice of many, I was hoping to find this one for sale as well but it seems to no longer be available, new at least

Comment

honestly speaking i have the directed in my car and i dont even use it i love using the streaming media .im not a fan of normal radio .The music is the same from hour to hour with commercials stuck inbetween ,and i like to control my own stuff . its nice that i have all the features of a normal radio headunit but i can really justify even having the radio tuner at all .

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                +3

I actually spend less time in the car with the Boomzbox that the one with the Directed, but its the better unit for my install and area. Can't beat audio over USB for a tablet install.
                HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Working...
                X