No announcement yet.

Convert audio out to video visualizations displayed on existing LCD headrests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert audio out to video visualizations displayed on existing LCD headrests

I've been searching the forum all day (especially the noob forums) but haven't had any luck yet.

What I've got:
    • 2 Headrests with LCDs - each with 2 RCA "video in"s
    • Factory Nav with RCA "video out" currently hooked to one of the LCD "video in"s

Issue:
    When I'm not playing a DVD the LCDs display "no signal" (or are black if I turn them off). What would be nice is I could keep the LCDs on the other video input (when not playing DVDs) and have them display a winAmp-ish visualization based on the music being played. As for the visualization audio source, my Nav has additional RCA audio outs which I have tested and think it would be a good source (even if I needed to convert it to 3.5mm headphone jack depending on what is needed.).

My hesitation with a whole "carputer" setup is that my factory Nav system has everything I need (audio-wise) already (Bluetooth audio, CD, MP3, iPod, HD radio, aux video in, etc.)

Honestly I was surprised when I googled yesterday to not find a device or easy solution that takes an audio source and outputs a visualization to a video out. I downloaded a $0.99 visualization app on my iPhone and was able to use the video out cable to display the visualization on my headrest monitors. This is not a viable option because I don't have a spare iPhone 4 around.

Any thoughts or ideas for any inexpensive device that would do this (if one exists) or some kind of direction short of an entire carputer would be greatly appreciated.

-Doomy
Working...
X