line drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• line drivers

Any one ever use one of these ? - http://www.crutchfield.com/g_331950/....html?tp=61662

From my understanding it can help boost the RCA's signal. Not sure if its messing with on my system or not yet.

I haven't used one but I'm leaning towards it. But I seen cheaper.
    CarPc
    Project "Driver"

Planning [99.9%]

Parts Collected [98.5%]

Installation & Fabrication [98%]

Total Completion Level [96.9 %]

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...ct-driver.html

Comment

it really depends on what you're components are in your system. we'd need more information. I've used audiocontrol before; an active x-over + line driver and it made a nice improvement over my first system. but we need to know more about your setup
      New System in progress:
      M10k
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
      Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
      Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
      Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
      My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Right now I am just using an MP3 player...to a 4x100 rms Kenwood Amp...that then goes to a Rockford mono 1000RMS via the passthru...when I get my computer in...not sure what that set up will be...need to get my monitor first

Comment

I can't speak to any of AudioControl's line drivers.
          I currently run an AudioControl Three.1 equalizer (no longer in production, replaced by the Three.2) in my system for a few specific benefits:
          • A physical volume control.
            If my PC ever locks up with some horrific sound coming from the speakers, I can turn it down and save my eardrums. Also, if passengers ant to turn down the music, they're going to look for a volume knob. In my truck, they'll find one.
          • Increased audio output voltage.
            Output voltage is increased to nearly 3v, making my amps happy. If the amps are happy, the ears are happy.
          • Simple left/right stereo output from the PC means no issues with audio sources that don't support 4.1, 5.1 or other surround layouts.
            A higher voltage audio signal is less susceptible to RFI, so fewer cables with the lower voltage audio signal means less chance of RFI inducing noise into the system.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by scott_fx View Post
            it really depends on what you're components are in your system. we'd need more information. I've used audiocontrol before; an active x-over + line driver and it made a nice improvement over my first system. but we need to know more about your setup
            +1

Depending on your system setup, cheaper, less complicated options are available.
            HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Working...
            X