Network usb server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network usb server?

Does anyone have any good ideas on a super compact 4 usb port to (Lan) server. I want run a wired network to touchscreen and some usb buttons.

i used a belkin usb/lan port
    Belkin F5L009 5-Port Network USB Hub
    i had it hooked up to a dac and it work well

http://youtu.be/CUr1leHiZ58
    Last edited by scott_fx; 10-10-2013, 07:36 PM.
    New System in progress:
    M10k
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
    Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
    Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
    My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Wired not wireless and super compact.

Comment

it is wired. i added a router to make it wireless. don't know what your definition of super compact is though... it is slim
        Last edited by scott_fx; 10-11-2013, 10:45 AM.
        New System in progress:
        M10k
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
        Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
        Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
        Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
        My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

The Ram mount hub has built-in ethernet, http://www.rammount.com/NewProducts/...6/Default.aspx it's about 4"x4" in it's box but much smaller insides. Just a thought SNO

Comment

What is that Ethernet port on the ram USB hub for exactly. Its not in any of their documentation?

-Robert

Comment

Hope this helps
              The Ethernet port on the RAM-234-HUB1 can be used for sharing Ethernet data from network devices via USB. You can connect Ethernet based devices like IP cameras, communications equipment ... You can quickly disconnect all peripherals with one USB connection and vice versa which makes taking the laptop in and out of your vehicle quick and easy. The drivers should auto install for using that feature.
              info is really vague on this addon SNO
              Last edited by SNOtwistR; 10-11-2013, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Does that mean if you connect only the ethernet cable to your car pc, and the hub is powered by the car's 12v, and you plug in a thumb drive, you have network attached storage?

Comment

Or does it mean it converts an IP camera into a USB webcam?

Comment

rray Yes that is the idea. You can have network storage and network available devices.

My thing is I need 4usbs to network. To take touch screen usb and some others and drive them across the network.

It is for the same touchscreen you use. I am putting it in a motorized housing in my IS300. To replace the factory Nav screen with the interface for my CarPc.

That is why I am looking for one that is super compact.

Comment

Would it then be possible to share that touch screen with another network attached device...say share touch screen with carpc and a odroid?obviously not both at the same time?

Comment

Do not know on that one camo.b.. I am not sharing with what I am doing. I guess you could. The devices will access the network through the router on what I am doing. Not sure what you are tiring to do.

Comment

At one point I was thinking running a odriod for obd torque / mapping and a carpc to the same screen via hdmi and vga.....hoping to switch the touch between the two...depending on what was running...still thinking about it

Comment

I see. You could do something like that by channel switching. Switching from one feed source to another source. Or you could use the CarPc as the main source and feed the odroid as a feed through the network shared. Then access it from the main in the one screen. If you want to use the touch feature on a screen to access it.

In the screen I am using. It has different channels on the board you can select. Via a Usb buttons. So I could select Av1 by trigger wire on reverse camera or manual selection. Av2, Vga, and Hdmi channels by Usb buttons. It auto switches also back to the last channel selected. When you trigger the Av1 by trigger wire. And that is not even using the touch feature of the screen.

Comment

To give a little insight on where I am fitting and what I am working with. Here are some pictures.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	2dinKIT-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	2287932
                              This is the screen.

Name:	housing front.jpg
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	2287933

Name:	housing side.jpg
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	2287934
                              This is the housing.
                              I am trying to simplify connections to the housing. I am going to use the factory connectors as few others as I can. To make it easy to put in and remove. Basically plug the housing into a harness in the car and if necessary be able to quickly remove by the mounting screws and as few connectors as possible to pull it out.
                              Here is the two factory plugs I will re purpose.

Name:	connectors.jpg
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	2287935

Comment

Working...
                              X