Bybyte 2nd Gen Nano-ITX VS Black Box Development Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bybyte 2nd Gen Nano-ITX VS Black Box Development Kit

Hi guys, I am planning to get a bybyte double din case for my Jetta MK5. My question is that, are the 2nd Gen Nano-ITX and the Black Box Development Kit the same thin (or of the same form factor)? It looks like the development kit is just the unassembled version of Nana-ITX case. Is it correct? Originally I want to get the Mini-ITX case, but looking at the factory radio unit (160mm in width) I am afraid the depth of Mini-ITX (212mm) is too long than I want. Do you guys have any experience?

Thanks,
    -Ivan

Check out the E3IO unit:

http://e3io.com/2din-car-pc-small-edition
    carputers

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion NOVAK, that's a nice unit. It's 184mm in depth, which is more or the less than same as the bybyte development kit. The CPU looks a little bit too high end for me, and I am going use Debian instead of Windows.

Comment

The mini ITX case is 8 1/2" long and the Black Box case is an inch shorter at 7 1/2", approximately the same size as a standard Double Din stereo.
        carputers

Comment

That is Derrick in NY' case from the transflective for $139 thread. If you want, you can build that E3IO computer with any mitx board and CPU you want. I built mine with an atom dm2800nt board.

-Robert

Comment

Working...
          X