No announcement yet.

Welcome Newbies

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Newbies

I just wanted to wish a happy welcome to all the newbies that have come here to gain knowledge on the idea of putting a computer in their car. There are many experienced amateurs as well as computer professionals that cruise this board, and we will be happy to help out those in need.

I would also like to commend the admins/mods for making this subforum, as I think it was a much needed addition to the site.

Post away, I will help as much as I can.

[H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Where and how do I start? LOL
    J/K now dont bann me, it is just a joke.

Now seriously Ill help as much as I can as well. This is the excellent spot for these type of questions.
    What im curently listening to.
    My complete carpc setup

Originally posted by frodobaggins
      I would also like to commend the admins/mods for making this subforum, as I think it was a much needed addition to the site.
      You're welcome. And of course welcome to all the Newbie’s.

cool... i hope this turns into a great space for newbies to feel unafraid to ask questions... but, as always, i hope the do a bit of searching first

Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
        2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

How long until we see a post in the regular section saying, "I'm not really a newbie, I've built computers for years, just never in my car" Oh wait ... I said that ... er ... um ... (there wasn't a newbie section then) This is a good idea. Should be a sticky about using the SEARCH button.

I've had a carputer in my Land Cruiser truck for 18 months now...
            I live in Africa and have had the carputer in the bush, in the sand and in very hostile and bumpy environments.
            Not a single serious problem yet.
            Have been a member of this forum for some time and never posted before.
            I was just reading posts about power supplies as my carputer sometimes reboot on engine crank, and thought that it is time to introduce myself.

Thank you to all the regular contributors for some valuable information.

Wow - holy thread resurrection batman!

to the forums! Glad to hear you've had great success with your CarPC.
              Jan Bennett
              FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!