Looking for a microATX board with video out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a microATX board with video out

Any one know of a mATX board with video out on the back? I'm about to start building my CarPC and the mobo and case are my first purchase. Anyone know of any? Thanks...
    Via Epia V 1ghz motherboard
    768MB PC133 memory
    LinITX 7" Touchscreen monitor
    60GB 3.5" Quantum HDD
    16X DVD-ROM
    Polstar USB GPS receiver
    Still playing around with front-ends

> mini itx motherboard
    > via mini itx

look at specs. cmon man, if you cant get that far in trying to find a motherboard, than you probably shouldnt even attempt the entire carputter project.
    ----------------------
    VIA Epia II
    256MB 266DDR Ram
    90GB Wester Digital
    Bluetooth/Deluo GPS
    Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
    ----------------------
    Mazda 6 Carputter > Click Me!

Comment

I've looked at more motherboards in the last 3 days than I care to talk about...an none of them had a video-out plug on the back. As for mini-itx...can't find them locally and I don't feel like mailorder.
      768MB PC133 memory
      60GB 3.5" Quantum HDD
      16X DVD-ROM
      Polstar USB GPS receiver

Comment

Originally posted by kore
        I've looked at more motherboards in the last 3 days than I care to talk about...an none of them had a video-out plug on the back. As for mini-itx...can't find them locally and I don't feel like mailorder.
        for some reason i dont believe you looked very hard.

EVERY via motherboard has tv-out or s-video out as an option.
        also, the FIRST link in google for my search

mini atx video out

comes up with a company named commell.

and you are going to have a hell of a time finding all your parts locally. most, if not all of the parts you will require for a mp3car project will have to be ordered in some way. especially the screen.

~mike
        Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
        PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
        2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

[rant]

EDIT: I'll hold my tongue.....

[/rant]

Comment

I've found surprisingly few microATX (P4/Celeron) with 1394,

post them if you find some, thanks

EDIT, By the way he's looking for MicroATX, not MiniITX (Commell), although they have a couple of FlexATX mobos, (based on MicroATX) the MiniFlexATX P4, w/ AGP & PCI looks real interesting, if anyone knows where to find one, I'd be interested.
            Scott

MCS-PC
            Epia M-10000
            XP Pro; 512MB; 60GB (2.5")
            Panasonic Slot SlimDVD/CD-RW
            7" Lilliput (Touchscreen)
            Casetronic C137 w/ 90W PSU (Temp)
            19V Laptop Adapter (Temp)

Comment

Actually, I was hoping to only buy the screen online...the rest locally. If not, that's kool...just hoping. I found a case that I think I can mount under my rear deck. If not, I'll mount it in the space behind the wheel well in the trunk. I did find a local company that sells the Casetronic Travla C134 line of mini-itx systems:

http://www.casetronic.com/Product/Ba...minicheck.html

These would be perfect as they are din sized (a little deep, mind you, but might work right in the dash)...but a little expensive too. Pricing here in Canada is $450ish + tax + laptop harddrive + low profile memory + laptop DVD player. Gets to be more expensive than I feel like spending. Anyway, thanks for the replies, guys. If anyone else knows of a microATX board with TV-out on the back....don't hesitate to reply. Ciao...
              768MB PC133 memory
              60GB 3.5" Quantum HDD
              16X DVD-ROM
              Polstar USB GPS receiver

Comment

Actually, I was hoping to only buy the screen online...the rest locally. If not, that's kool...just hoping. I found a case that I think I can mount under my rear deck. If not, I'll mount it in the space behind the wheel well in the trunk. I did find a local company that sells the Casetronic Travla C134 line of mini-itx systems:

These would be perfect as they are din sized (a little deep, mind you, but might work right in the dash)...but a little expensive too. Pricing here in Canada is $450ish + tax + laptop harddrive + low profile memory + laptop DVD player. Gets to be more expensive than I feel like spending. Anyway, thanks for the replies, guys. If anyone else knows of a microATX board with TV-out on the back....don't hesitate to reply. Ciao...
                ah.... MICRO ATX.... gotcha... i'll have a look around.

as for the case, that looks like a good plan. oh, and for the most part, a lot of this hobby turns out to be more expensive than you planned!!!

~mike
                Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
                PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
                2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

whats wrong with mini itx? or do you kow the difference? good luck

oh hey a new smile.................
                  Attached Files
                  92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

Comment

that wasnt meant towards you or anyone else by the way, i was just bored
                    92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

Comment

Check out Sapphire boards.

Comment

What I did was I just saved a few bucks by buying an MSI 651M-L MicroATX mobo ($59 pricewatch.com) that has VGA on the board and bought a Lilliput VGA/Touch monitor for another 270 on ebay. I'm using a 1.7 GHz P4 on it. I just did it by allocating funds differently rather than blowing more for a mobo that has RCA/SVideo out. And thus benefiting from a crystal sharp monitor with touch. I've only spent about $400 tops. on my whole system.
                        2006 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 5.4L
                        StreetDeck
                        Project: [■■■■■■■■■-] 90% complete (reconfiguration phase)
                        Status report:
                        -Configuring and wiring the camera system

http://www.necevil.com/gallery/index...el=album&id=20

Comment

Originally posted by mindtool
                          What I did was I just saved a few bucks by buying an MSI 651M-L MicroATX mobo ($59 pricewatch.com) that has VGA on the board and bought a Lilliput VGA/Touch monitor for another 270 on ebay. I'm using a 1.7 GHz P4 on it. I just did it by allocating funds differently rather than blowing more for a mobo that has RCA/SVideo out. And thus benefiting from a crystal sharp monitor with touch. I've only spent about $400 tops. on my whole system.
                          smart this is what I wish I would have done

Comment

Hey where in Canada sells that for this price?

Technology, Gadgets and Making Money Online
                            http://www.genemills.ca

Comment

Originally posted by mindtool
                              Sapphire AXION A4-A292

RCA/Svideo out AND $49

Comment

Working...
                              X