old school carputer monitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old school carputer monitor

i have an old computer i want in my old pickup. keep in mond i'm broke and i know it'll be tacky, but i don't care (for now) will a 5 or 6 year old regular everyday monitor work in my truck will it take a lot of power???
    Dupe Accounts/Troll

Originally posted by acornstu
    i have an old computer i want in my old pickup. keep in mond i'm broke and i know it'll be tacky, but i don't care (for now) will a 5 or 6 year old regular everyday monitor work in my truck will it take a lot of power???
    Yes and Yes.

Comment

:-)

Originally posted by 1BlackHatch
      Yes and Yes.

sweet, thanks. wild guess to about how many watt converter i'll need???
      Dupe Accounts/Troll

Comment

Originally posted by acornstu
        sweet, thanks. wild guess to about how many watt converter i'll need???
        Look at the specs on the back of the monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by 1BlackHatch
          Look at the specs on the back of the monitor.
          They are usually around 0.6 or 0.7 A at 120v. I guess that is around 70 or 80 watts.
          ME-6000, Lilliput 7" vga + touch, generic GPS, RedHat 9, custom mapping software.

Comment

I think monitors require a higher surge wattage, check that with someone though.

Comment

Looking at the back of my old 17" CRT, its power requirements are 100~240v @2.5A. Ergo your looking at 300watts MIN, and more like 600w just for the monitor alone.

It would probably be cheaper to just get a cheapo LCD and do it that way

Comment

Originally posted by ciagon
                They are usually around 0.6 or 0.7 A at 120v. I guess that is around 70 or 80 watts.
                72 and 84 Watts
                92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

Comment

crt!!! that is alot of space. where are you going to mount it?

Comment

Originally posted by cirvin
                    crt!!! that is alot of space. where are you going to mount it?

haha you could use it as your steering wheel

Comment

that would be funny. i would like to replace the tach, spedometer, and souch with screens (lcd or crt) and use the carputer to controll them, then i could watch a vid on my tach!

Comment

Working...
                      X