new to the game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the game

Hey..what an excellent site this is! Anyways im starting down the road to putting a carputer in my Tahoe. I am looking to mold a 10 inch touch screen in my dash and dont know really what kind of computer i want. Ill be using it to watch dvds, music videos and mp3s..maybe gps down the road. Any input is welcome!

Welcome! How much money do you think you could put into this? For the computer, not the screen.. For screen, you def want VGA as anything else looks crappy, and well yeah. And how much storage do you want on the computer? Hit me up on AIM or something to talk or just reply here.
    1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Originally posted by SiGmA_X
      Welcome! How much money do you think you could put into this? For the computer, not the screen.. For screen, you def want VGA as anything else looks crappy, and well yeah. And how much storage do you want on the computer? Hit me up on AIM or something to talk or just reply here.
      my composite looks great

Comment

1k-2k is about my budget (screen included)

Comment

If I had that Budget:
          Opus-$200
          VGA touchscreen-$500
          Epia M10000-$160
          512megs DDR ram-$100
          Internal HD-$100
          Slot-loading DVD player-$100
          GPS-$250
          Wires and connectors, etc: $90
          New HU installed with Aux In: $300
          Total: $2000
          MP3 MR2 (click here for details)
          Hardware: EPIA M10000, 512Meg Ram, 5.6"TFT, Opus 150watt DC-DC PSU
          Software: Windows 2000, Media Engine 2.0

Comment

Wires and connectors, etc: $90

hehehehehe
            more like 200

Comment

got to have ob2,just to round it all off
              $250.

Comment

hmm sounds good..thanks everyone..my main obstacle is going to be mounting the screen and computer underneath the passenger seat

Comment

Originally posted by steveo1
                  my main obstacle is going to be mounting the screen and computer underneath the passenger seat
                  Another obstacle will be viewing the screen underneath the passenger seat!
                  Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Steve and I were looking at options for what he requires.. He wants 512MB of RAM, which (Based on a VIA) is around $60-70 because of PC2100. HDD, spendy because of price of laptop drives, so 80GB for $190 or so. PSU, MPBS1 is $150. VIA, $158. VGA touchscreen (700TS,etc) is around $500. GPS, $70 + software. Slot loading slim DVD, not sure on price. Prob around $100, because of Mac adaptors and stuff. Since this is going to be a HU-less setup, and knobs are nice to control it, a EQ/Pre-Amp is needed, call it $70-110 (Based on brand). The LCD/EQ/DVD would all be worked into his Tahoe's dash and the AC controls would be moved down. Simple weekend install, if you ask me
                    1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

yup! sigma..i found someone in my area that does fiberglassing too

Comment

Good, its a long drive to Portland Heh. I'll hit you up on AIM later and we can get a parts list done
                        1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Working...
                        X