some revised newbie questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some revised newbie questions

okay so for now i think i've decided on leaving my cd changer and radio and just moving them over to the glovebox so i can still have music if i'm using gps or just in the car for a few minutes and dont wanna boot up the computer for a run to the store or something. so what do i need to have to be able to switch the cars speakers and sub from the stereo head unit to the computer?

ummm...my HU is in the glovebox, and I use it as a preamp for my computer (computer is connected to Auxillery Input)

The best thing to do would be to sacrifice your cd changer and use that for an input. Next best, i guess...would be an amplifier with a giant relay block that switches all 8 wires...that'd probably be about $100 + amplifier. It would be very clunky and inelegant, but it would work. Or you could go with an FM modulator but they sound like *** in a tin can, as someone rightly put it.

I'd say the most realistic option would be ditch the changer.
    MP3 MR2 (click here for details)
    Hardware: EPIA M10000, 512Meg Ram, 5.6"TFT, Opus 150watt DC-DC PSU
    Software: Windows 2000, Media Engine 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by telekineticfool
      ummm...my HU is in the glovebox, and I use it as a preamp for my computer (computer is connected to Auxillery Input)

The best thing to do would be to sacrifice your cd changer and use that for an input. Next best, i guess...would be an amplifier with a giant relay block that switches all 8 wires...that'd probably be about $100 + amplifier. It would be very clunky and inelegant, but it would work. Or you could go with an FM modulator but they sound like *** in a tin can, as someone rightly put it.

I'd say the most realistic option would be ditch the changer.

*** IN A TINCAN!!! OMG...
      *wipes tear frome eye*

The sound that went through my mind when I read that needs to be recorded, because I almost fell out of my chair laughing!
      The ALEXIS Project
      MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
      Color Coding :
      DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

Comment

Working...
      X