Shutdown Sequence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutdown Sequence

I'm trying to make a basic mp3 player for my car, and I have everything configured right, except I need to bind a key to shutdown the computer. Does anyone know how I can do this??

Originally posted by Powers
    I'm trying to make a basic mp3 player for my car, and I have everything configured right, except I need to bind a key to shutdown the computer. Does anyone know how I can do this??
    find a shutdown script for your OS on the internet than place it on your desktop, right click it and assign a shortcut key to it.

hope this helps

Comment

Windows XP and 2000 have a command to shutdown not sure about 98.
      The command is Shutdown but there are some parameters like like computer name to shutdown and delay, could use a .bat file if you want. I use it with a 1 second delay on XP
      CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
      Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

Comment

www.grc.com has a program called WIZMO that you can set up to do things like shutdown.

Then place a shortcut to that program on your desktop somewhere.

Right click it, go to properties, and where it says shortcut key...Type the key you want to do the deed...don't use F1 that is what all the help files use.
        current projects

Comment

OK thanks guys, I tried Active Keys, which worked good, but it's not freeware, and I'm on a budget of as little as possible :/

Comment

Ok, when I try and shutdown, I got some rundll32 .... shutdown thing off the microsoft site, but it only closes everything, and then relogs back into win98. I chose "8" which is supposed to be the poweroff thing, but it still didn't work. :/

Comment

Working...
            X