Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to get >AM< radio?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any way to get >AM< radio?

    did some looking around and searching, couldn't find any topics relating to this. Is there anyway to get AM radio on the computer? I like to listen to sports, talk, and traffic info on the radio.

  • #2
    Originally posted by ucidave
    did some looking around and searching, couldn't find any topics relating to this. Is there anyway to get AM radio on the computer? I like to listen to sports, talk, and traffic info on the radio.
    The only PC card I have found that covers AM & FM is the Cadet PC Radio from ADS Technologies. (http://www.adstech.com/products/Cade...p?pid=RDX-1187) Only problem it's an ISA card. I did find an ISA to USB adapter at http://www.arstech.com/usbisa.htm but it seems a little expensive.

    The only AM/FM USB radio I have found is for the MAC... the RadioSHARK from Giffin Technology (http://www.griffintechnology.com/pro...ark/index.html) Don't know if there is a way to get it to work under Windows or not.

    There is also the IC-PCR1000 from Icom (http://www.icomamerica.com/receivers...r1000main.html) It's a PC Controlled Scanner/Receiver that connects via RS-232 serial and covers AM, FM, WFM, SSB (USB, LSB), & CW.

    - Zack
    It has to start somewhere... It has to start sometime.
    What better place than here? What better time than now?

    Comment


    • #3
      The IC-PCR1000 looks like it would work great. Does anyone have it? I bet it gets a lot better reception than the others. It also looks like you can attach a real antenna to it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CptnDipshit
        The IC-PCR1000 looks like it would work great. Does anyone have it? I bet it gets a lot better reception than the others. It also looks like you can attach a real antenna to it.
        I have it. Gotta keep it away from the computer. But thats a given, Because it picks up the noise from the computer power supply.

        Picks up police,fire,ems,cb,cordless phones,etc. Cool toy.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Big Zack
          There is also the IC-PCR1000 from Icom (http://www.icomamerica.com/receivers...r1000main.html) It's a PC Controlled Scanner/Receiver that connects via RS-232 serial and covers AM, FM, WFM, SSB (USB, LSB), & CW.
          I forgot to mention the IC-PCR100 from Icom Canada (http://www.icomcanada.com/products/r...100/pcr100.htm) It's like the little brother of the 1000 including the smaller price tag.

          Oh yeh, forgot this one too... WiNRADiO Communications offers several PC-based Receivers (http://www.winradio.com/home/comparison.htm) that receive AM, LSB, USB, CW, FM-N & FM-W.

          - Zack
          It has to start somewhere... It has to start sometime.
          What better place than here? What better time than now?

          Comment


          • #6
            Dude nice find with the ISA to USB converter could come in handy
            now if there was a PCI to 1394/USB 2.0 ....

            Comment

            Working...
            X