Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lilliput LCD + PSX2 + notebook comp = which inverter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput LCD + PSX2 + notebook comp = which inverter?

Hello all,

I've been doing a ton of reading on here so maybe you could help.

I have an Audi A4 Cabriolet and have a Lilliput VGA Touchscreen, Playstation 2, and a notebook computer. I want to be able to hook all of these up, but I do not know in terms of the POWER what I need. I would like to use the cigarette lighter. Can anybody offer any guidance as to what I would need? Do I go the inverter route, and if so how much do I need. Do I use a DC->DC? If so, which one?

Thank you all.

DJKerbyRock

tYou can't use cigarette lighter.
    If you have you laptop, LCD and PS2 running at the same time it will be to mutch AMP needed and you are risking to burn cigarette lighter cables. (to mutch power)

It could work, but If it was me I will not risking damage of ciratett lighter instalation.
    I will post you a schame of my procject leater then you can see how I am done it.

PS sorry, my write-english is not to good.
    Project done in: [####################] - 85%
    - Custom center console
    - Custom trunk
    Se my project here

Comment

GOOSE!!!!!! GOOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry Top Gun moment)

the ps2 will need a dc/ac inverter
      the rest of the jazz its up to you
      some people like dc/dc power supply. some people like inverters.
      Originally posted by menudude
      thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for the replies...

So, if I use an inverter, how much do I need to get? Also, which brand do you recommend? Is there anything that is very small and fanless that I could use?

Thanks for all the help,
        DJKerbyRock

Comment

Originally posted by DJKerbyRock
          Hello all,

I've been doing a ton of reading on here so maybe you could help.

I have an Audi A4 Cabriolet and have a Lilliput VGA Touchscreen, Playstation 2, and a notebook computer. I want to be able to hook all of these up, but I do not know in terms of the POWER what I need. I would like to use the cigarette lighter. Can anybody offer any guidance as to what I would need? Do I go the inverter route, and if so how much do I need. Do I use a DC->DC? If so, which one?

Thank you all.

DJKerbyRock
          Yeah the PS2 will require an inverter, unless they have brought out a cable like the one for the psone

300 watt inverter should do both, depends what spec the laptop is, as the lead is only for charging really so doesnt take tons of power like a P4 desktop, the lithum Ion battery powers the laptop.

Laptops are a bit of pain as you can expend stuff on them, unless you buy pccard upgrades and they cost the earth, you will be stuck with the sound card thats built in, unless you buy Creative's new MP3+ thing, its an external box for laptops, but Im using one in my car.

I dont know how laptops hold out on the cold either, when a mobo goes on a pc your looking at 60 quid tops, on a laptop its cheaper to buy a new laptop.

If you need any help with your Audi, give me a shout, my audi is up and running sweet as a nut :P

Ron
          www.fsplanes.net NEW site

AMD XP 1800+ / 256mb ram ddr / 2 x 60gig hdd / Asus mobo micro ATX / GF-FX5200 / BU 303 GPS reciever / dlink usb radio

Software:
          Window's XP SP1 / USB Radio / Destinator v2 / Mediacar / 3000 mp3's / 30 movies

Comment

Ron,

Can you post any pictures of your Audi? I have an A4 Cabriolet and am going to use a bracket to hold the Lilliput lcd. However, I'd like to smake the wires through the hole where the headrest is. Can you talk about how easy/hard that is? I've never done it before.

I'd love to see any pictures you may have of what you've done.

DJKerbyRock

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=17890

Thats one thread

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20032

and another, have a look mate

AMD XP 1800+ / 256mb ram ddr / 2 x 60gig hdd / Asus mobo micro ATX / GF-FX5200 / BU 303 GPS reciever / dlink usb radio

Software:

Comment

What is your experience with running the wires for the lcd down inside the seat? I want to use a bracket to attach it to the headrest externally and then run the wires inside the seat.

DJKerbyRock

Comment

Originally posted by DJKerbyRock
                  What is your experience with running the wires for the lcd down inside the seat? I want to use a bracket to attach it to the headrest externally and then run the wires inside the seat.

DJKerbyRock
                  Do you mean for the rear screens??

I dont run them inside the seats as I can remove them at will if I leave my car parked somwhere dodgy.

You have the new A4 with side airbags, I wouldnt recommend LCDing the headrest's as they have the bags inside, it has been done though, you just have to be carefull

Software:

Comment

Ron,

Thank you for the quick replies....

As for the power inverter I need...

What do you recommend? I need something very small. I am going to see if I can put the ps2 under the passenger seat and I would like to put the power inverter under there as well. Is there something that is very small yet powerful enough for future system growth?

DJKerbyRock

Comment

Ron,

Can the A4 headrest be taken off so I can mount the bracket for the LCD?

DJKerbyRock

Comment

Working...
                      X