Stereo headunit or computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo headunit or computer

I have a Honda Civic with an aftermarket headunit. I am thinking about adding a computer to the car. If I want to place the screen where the headunit currently is, I have to take it out. Can I still play songs in the car?

Or should I put the screen somewhere else?

if you are goin to be adding a computer to your car, surely ull be able to play songs (mp3's), isnt that the (main) reason for adding a pc?
    It aint no family car.

SEE MK2 At : -
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22810

Comment

i'm keeping my headunit and adding the carputewr to the headunit as an aux ...
      98.8 complete
      95 chevy blazer s10

Comment

Is there any way to bypass the aux hookup and direct the sound from the computer directly to the speakers?

Comment

Through an Amp. As long as your amp is hooked up to all of your speakers you can hook up via RCA jacks.
          New CarPC on the way again I think. I miss my old one!!!

Comment

to use or the other but not both at once is the what yu mean. to be able to use you caomp. without you headunit... you can do it the with another set of speaker and stuff like that... what kind of head unit you have...
            98.8 complete
            95 chevy blazer s10

Comment

sorry to be givin u crap at the start...

u could still have the head unit, have it plugged into the Line in in the pc (havent tried but in theory should work) or u could have an audio selector to switch between HU or pc (also havent tried but in theory :P) pluged into the amp.

both these options i will be trieing soon as ill be adding a head unit into my car setup.
              It aint no family car.

SEE MK2 At : -
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22810

Comment

if you ude the sony **-*630 it comes with aux. rca's the u can use for volume comtrol...or if you have an older sony HU with cd charger controller you can add an mx-100 or something like that i'm not good with names but thats how i have mine .. and you connect it via usb for digital sound...
                98.8 complete
                95 chevy blazer s10

Comment

my civic is completely stock (except for the headunit). can i take out the headunit and directly connect the computer audio?

Comment

Originally posted by mr_anderson
                    my civic is completely stock (except for the headunit). can i take out the headunit and directly connect the computer audio?
                    As reload mentioned before .. you can only do this if you connect all of the existing speakers to an amp and the line out of your computer to the amp input.

Comment

One more question, do headunits produce better sound than a carputer would?

Comment

Working...
                      X