Mounting the LCD inside the dash?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting the LCD inside the dash?

This is what I was thinking of doing... I am going to make a mold into plaster of my existing dash piece (which is only about a 1'x1') and then shaping it into the dimensions on my LCD screen. Then just pouring the fiberglass into the mold and then I have my dash piece. But how do I stick the screen to the dash piece? Do y'all just use glue?

whatever floats your boat. I used brackets/pressure fittings
    car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

im going to bondo-glass the front of the screen into the stock surround. bondo-glass is vary strong and should hold it fine.
      now working on my Dodge Dak
      toshiba portege == done
      audigy2 NX == done
      7" flush mount == 0%
      pimp rating == 48%

Comment

Originally posted by killerfishes
        im going to bondo-glass the front of the screen into the stock surround. bondo-glass is vary strong and should hold it fine.
        So you're going to place the screen in the middle of the current dash piece and then just pour bondo-glass to fill on the gaps between the screen and the dash piece?

Comment

you can not "pour" bondo-glass but yes. the stock radio opening is just a hire to small for the 7" screen case, i will open it up but leave some overlap and use the bondo glass to fill inthe crack sand it down and paint it black.

this is a good how to on the incorperation of stuff.
          http://www.efini.net/dash01.htm
          it still would not hurt to epoxy any place you can first as it will hold stronger than the bondo-glass
          now working on my Dodge Dak
          toshiba portege == done
          audigy2 NX == done
          7" flush mount == 0%
          pimp rating == 48%

Comment

Do Xenarc and Lilliput screens come with a case like ::THIS::? This is really important to mounting it into my dash.

Comment

The Lilliputs do not as far as I am concerned I have never seen them come w/ them nor have I seen them advertised. However I can't speak for Xenarc, my assumption though is no!!
              New CarPC on the way again I think. I miss my old one!!!

Comment

Originally posted by XxAndyxX
                Do Xenarc and Lilliput screens come with a case like ::THIS::? This is really important to mounting it into my dash.
                hey.. where did you get this picture?
                are there any cases for the lilliput screen?
                Car: 85' Audi Urquattro
                System: VIA EPIA M10000?, GPS, WLAN, DLink Radio
                Display: 7" Lilliput Touchscreen
                Power: 300W DC/AC Inverter, OPUS?
                Sound: 7.1 Dolby Digital with Audigy2 NX

Comment

Originally posted by cotwild
                  hey.. where did you get this picture?
                  are there any cases for the lilliput screen?
                  I got the picture off www.digitalww.com it comes with one of his 7" LCD's but it isn't touchscreen. And I don't know if there is any cases for the lilliput that's what I was trying to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by XxAndyxX
                    I got the picture off www.digitalww.com it comes with one of his 7" LCD's but it isn't touchscreen. And I don't know if there is any cases for the lilliput that's what I was trying to find out.
                    The name of the images is a headrest shroud. So you might look for empty shrouds.

Here's some without prices: http://www.millertech.com/headrest-lcds.htm
                    I'm a newbie - so not sure if these would work. http://www.carmobilevideo.com/category/1.lcdmonitors/
                    Here are more monitors - but not shroud only: http://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/6-8headrests.html

Hope this helped.
                    Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X