Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC > AMP

Howdy all,

I'm looking at setting up a CarPC using one of these, however I was wondering if it is possible to send the audio straight from the back of the PC to the AMP without an equalizer?

Yes, of course.
    Old Systems retired due to new car
    New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

I got confused. I thought when he said "PC > Amp" he meant "PC is greater than Amp". I was assuming that we where talking footprint here.

Sorry could not resist.

Anyway. Yes, you will have no problem hooking your PC to your amps directly if all your speakers are powered your amps. Some factory installs power the front speakers off the dash unit, and a seperate amp for the back. You might also want to check the voltage expectation on the audio inputs of your amps. Some amps are hooked on to an amplified signal. In this case you migh need a pre-amp.

Comment

Ooo, neato. How much are those?
        Don't Click

Comment

ok, thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by NewTechFool
            I got confused. I thought when he said "PC > Amp" he meant "PC is greater than Amp". I was assuming that we where talking footprint here.

Sorry could not resist.

Anyway. Yes, you will have no problem hooking your PC to your amps directly if all your speakers are powered your amps. Some factory installs power the front speakers off the dash unit, and a seperate amp for the back. You might also want to check the voltage expectation on the audio inputs of your amps. Some amps are hooked on to an amplified signal. In this case you migh need a pre-amp.
            Newtech,
            im having some trouble on how i would get my PC sound to my stock AMP-it does power all speakers(4.1 Setup) only problem is that it has no RCA Inputs.....can i just get a aftermarket amp(replace my stock AMP) w/rca's outputs and go from there
            I started a thread HERE

thanks
            [M10K][TinyXP][Roadrunner Frontend][OEM Enclosure]
            [iGmon]
            Download MP3 MixTapes

Comment

Working...
            X