Newbies questions - Powering a Laptop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbies questions - Powering a Laptop

I am planning on building my first install which will involve a Dell Latitude Laptop and Lilliput Touch screen.

My question is what is the best way to power both, I have a 12v 3-way multiplug and power supplies for both, will this be able to run both? or should I get a power invertor (if so any suggestions?).

Cheers

Originally posted by dw_uk2000
    I am planning on building my first install which will involve a Dell Latitude Laptop and Lilliput Touch screen.

My question is what is the best way to power both, I have a 12v 3-way multiplug and power supplies for both, will this be able to run both? or should I get a power invertor (if so any suggestions?).

Cheers
    I think the only way to know is trying...
    If your the multiplug can supply the sum of current needed by the ps, I think it could be done!
    Another way is wiring the two ps directly to the battery... then you have about 45A, so you don't have any problem....
    In my fiat punto I have two wires that comes to the din slot, and they are 12V unswithced... I'm planning to open the car adapter and solder the + and - directly to these wires, so I have the cigarette lighter free...

sorry for da english!
    bye

Comment

Originally posted by dw_uk2000

Cheers
      I'm running my lilliput TS and my laptop 12vdc-15vdc power converter from my switched 12dvc that my radio use-to connect to. No problems with current draw so far =)

Comment

Working...
      X