Need major help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need major help

I dont know a whole lot aobut all the "gigs" or who they "ramed" and all that other stuff i just want a carputer with 7" lcd monitor that plays dvd ,mp3, cd and i can run my engine management system off of , anything other than that is just extra im planning on running ls1 edit sofware and a small bass system. I drive a 93 rx7 and need some ideas on the type of computer and screen to put in it . My budget is around 800-1k but cheaper (while not killing reliability) is better. I dont even know of any shops . I looked in the forum but all that makes my head hurt as i dont have a clue what you guys are saying. Need help with something simple yet neat. thanks

all i need is for someone to say you need this,this , and this.

Comment

You'll need a carcomputer, a display and some software...
      Of course you already knew that hmmm...

I suggest you start visiting the many car computing websites.
      You can find some links here and there in the signatures.

white bream
      working on a trilogy: CARGO - UNIGO - MERGO
      CARGO = the Car Computer
      Intel Celeron M, [P]SDC, uBlox GPS, GPRS, WLAN, Silabs FM, RDS, TMC,
      Dual-audio, Onecable TFT, Microsize: 45 x 108 x 168mm (1.8 x 4.3 x 6.6")

Comment

ok im getting a 7"monitor form digitalww and i getting the MIS digital Dash software (unless someone know any better sofware) and i need help on the computer part . whats a good one for what i want (stated above)? just something good not the best but still cool.

Comment

I like the Epia mini ITX style myself. Low power, simple, and there are DIN size cases out there for it. Very inexpensive too. Might do some "froogle"ing and see if there are packages available, look for 256-512mb ram and a good size hard drive for what you are planning to use it for (20-60gb for music only, maybe 60-250gb if you want to store movies) Check my sig, I have changed my setup a few times, but the stuff on my list works well together and has proven to be very inexpensive (look for sales, use eBay and Froogle)
          ---------Jeff
          2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer
            all i need is for someone to say you need this,this , and this.
            You need:

Auxillery Input adapter for your head unit
            Lilliput 7" touch screen
            Opus 150watt DC-DC power supply
            Epia M10000 Nehemiah motherboard
            stick of 512 megs of PC2100 DDR ram
            60 gigabyte hard drive
            IDE cable
            A zippy keyboard

That is absolutely the only configuration that will do what you want. Do not vary from it at all or it will not work. Have fun.
            MP3 MR2 (click here for details)
            Hardware: EPIA M10000, 512Meg Ram, 5.6"TFT, Opus 150watt DC-DC PSU
            Software: Windows 2000, Media Engine 2.0

Comment

That is absolutely the only configuration that will do what you want. Do not vary from it at all or it will not work. Have fun.
              really ? hey dont mess cause i dont know the difference ! i looked at the epia motherboard but couldnt find a case small enough to use it in a din slot of a car. have any web sight suggestions of where i can find one and also a good place to get "stick of 512 megs of PC2100 DDR ram
              60 gigabyte hard drive"
              thanks

Comment

use a casetronics case the c134 case is awesome check it out Here
                New CarPC on the way again I think. I miss my old one!!!

Comment

hey that does look great but im doing a little searching and cant find where to buy it

Comment

hey what about this computer and what up grades should i get?
                    http://logisysus.com/catalog/product...products_id=47

Comment

pretty good price... I guess it would do, I would probably only buy the bare bones of it and buy my own memory and hard drive, you can find the memory and hard drive much cheaper than what they want to sell it for.

P.S. The only other problem I see is the lack of an OPUS, I would rather have the OPUS than that, but for what you want the system for 60W might just do the trick

Comment

well i have to run a usb port to my pcm to run my engine management and i also want to but in a small sound system (2 subs and an amp) .

how about your set up do you like what your running now ? would it be a good set up for me ?

Comment

whats the OPUS and what 60W (watts?)

Comment

I love my setup, granted it has changed quite a bit from my signature. I need to update my webpage, but I built a customer Plexiglass case, and I'm running my epia board, lilliput. I have upgraded the hard drive because WD hdds have fluid dynamic bearings (some of them do) and that tends to be a bear in the winter. I am a little short on cash right now but I plan on getting my OBDII kit and GPS in about a month.

As for power I purchased the PW-120 and ITPS from audioforge on ebay.... works great. I think I'm going to update my webpage tonight when I get home and do some posts of my system soon,, been a while since I've updates it.

Comment

The OPUS is a power supply, do a on it, there is a ton of stuff on the OPUS all of the forums, the best DC-DC power supply for your car, it survives cranks and it has a shutdown controller and power regulator built in. Its a little spendy but worth every penny... actually MP3car.com is doing a group buy, get in on it. The thread is under Classifieds section.

The 60W is 60Watts... kind of small, but if your not going to run a lot of things it will work fine... but I think that you will still need a regulator (ITPS) and a shutdown controller for the morex one, but don't quote me somebody will probably correct me on this one.!!

Comment

Working...
                              X