Volume control w/out hu?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume control w/out hu?

I'm new here, been reading the board and working on my carputer for a while. My plans are to get rid of the head unit completely and run off just an amp. What I'm wondering is if anyone has done this or knows how to make the volume control work? I really don't want to use the hu due to limited space in the car, but if I have to I can.

TIA,
    Brian

Originally posted by forum
    I'm new here, been reading the board and working on my carputer for a while. My plans are to get rid of the head unit completely and run off just an amp. What I'm wondering is if anyone has done this or knows how to make the volume control work? I really don't want to use the hu due to limited space in the car, but if I have to I can.

TIA,
    Brian
    My site is for you then! Link in my profile. The stuff should be going in, in like two weeks. Also for Volume I use the GriffinTechnologies.com PowerMate. Very cool product! If you need anything just ask, I'll be glad to help.
    2003 Audi A4 1.8t (Totaled, Project Canceled)

Comment

You could also try a preamp/eq like the Clarion EQS560.
      Aura MR62 (F and R)
      My Current MP3s
      IamDefiler.com

Comment

Basically I have my saoundcard going to a Clarion Line Driver/EQ which has a volume knob on it. From the there the signal is sent to the amplifiers. I do not anticipate using the EQ volume much - using the software volume mainly - but I did want a backup in case something went awry with the software or the computer locks up..

I mounted the unit in the glovebox. Its fairly small.
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3290
        Car: 2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
        Carputer 2.0: removed. Back to stock.

Comment

Working...
        X