Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carputer for my Mustang

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Carputer for my Mustang

    I have a 2000 Mustang Vert (V6). I am planning on getting a Pioneer AVH-P7500. I can get a really good deal on it. I know the VGA screens are better but I'd rather have the Pioneer for the price. I would have to have a cable like this wouldnt I... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EBWA%3AIT&rd=1 What type of computer should I put in it and where? I think I have 2 DIN slots. There is one for the radio and then one below it for the CD player. One would be used by the Pioneer P7500 and one would be open. I want a good computer in it so I have MP3's, GPS, DVD(although the Pioneer already has that), and i want to have a back up camera and maybe some placed around the car so I can set them for motion detection and record incase someone hits my car when I am not in it and takes off. What all do I need to get started? Will post pics of dash and whatever else if needed.

  • #2
    i think the pioneer screen only has rca video inputs so all you would need would be a yellow rca cable going from your computer to the pioneer screen (like doing tv-out from your computer).

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by justin_d12
      I have a 2000 Mustang Vert (V6). I am planning on getting a Pioneer AVH-P7500. I can get a really good deal on it. I know the VGA screens are better but I'd rather have the Pioneer for the price. I would have to have a cable like this wouldnt I... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EBWA%3AIT&rd=1 What type of computer should I put in it and where? I think I have 2 DIN slots. There is one for the radio and then one below it for the CD player. One would be used by the Pioneer P7500 and one would be open. I want a good computer in it so I have MP3's, GPS, DVD(although the Pioneer already has that), and i want to have a back up camera and maybe some placed around the car so I can set them for motion detection and record incase someone hits my car when I am not in it and takes off. What all do I need to get started? Will post pics of dash and whatever else if needed.
      I know you said your getting that screen for the price, but for about $50 more (~$300) you can get a screen that takes VGA input. It will look tons better plus you get a touch screen. Look around people are always selling screens for less. (HINT: EBAY!)
      2003 Audi A4 1.8t (Totaled, Project Canceled)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Spaceboy464
        I know you said your getting that screen for the price, but for about $50 more (~$300) you can get a screen that takes VGA input. It will look tons better plus you get a touch screen. Look around people are always selling screens for less. (HINT: EBAY!)

        I looked at Ebay and I don't see any in-dash motorized VGA screens.
        I looked under Xenarc and Lilliput.

        I also think I will go with the Shuttle Computer system?
        Anyone know of anything any better? I guess if I got the Shuttle it would have to go in my trunk...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by justin_d12
          I looked at Ebay and I don't see any in-dash motorized VGA screens.
          I looked under Xenarc and Lilliput.

          I also think I will go with the Shuttle Computer system?
          Anyone know of anything any better? I guess if I got the Shuttle it would have to go in my trunk...
          I think it is digitalww.com that has in dash screens (you take the guts from the lilliput and put them in there). You probably will not find any motorized ones. Shuttle would be cool, but if your not going for performance grab an Epia M10000.
          2003 Audi A4 1.8t (Totaled, Project Canceled)

          Comment

          Working...
          X