Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exact Audio Copy Timing Problems?

Do you know how to resolve this?

I was reading on the web that this was do to the digital copyright law stuff they enacted into the cds, to make it so that they couldnt be copy it. But i tried to search on here and hadnt seen many problems associated. Anyone know how to resolve this?

_joe
    1999 Camaro z28
    -- Computer installed :) Phase 1
    -- z28 302hp dynoed :( WAHH!!!!

It can be caused by a number of things.

The CD drive using PIO mode instead of DMA causing buffer underuns, have you checked that? Installed latest IDE drivers for you controller?

Perhaps try ripping in secure mode rather than burst mode?

Comment

i resolved some problems goign to secure mode but not others .... where is the PIO / DMA switch at?
      1999 Camaro z28
      -- Computer installed :) Phase 1
      -- z28 302hp dynoed :( WAHH!!!!

Comment

That depends on a few things, i.e. version of Windows, whether or not your driver comes with a seperate program for setting the DMA mode (SIS chipsets often do), etc...

If you're using Windows 2000 (probably XP too), got to device manager, expand (double click) IDE/ATAPI Controllers, then double click either "Primary Channel" or "Secondary Channel" depending on which your CD drive is connected to (most likely secondary) then click the "Advanced" tab and make sure the transfer is "DMA if available".

Otherwise, maybe your CD drive isn't very good at DAE. What drive is it?

Comment

Working...
        X