Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a tft lcd monitor 7"

Plan:
    Install computer into custom console to run stored mp3s and dvds. no HU. no touch screen. just a simple remote driven set up.
    Have:
    Truck (of course lol), console, basic computer.
    Willing to buy:
    What i'm told to.

I'm getting my project going here and just have a quick start off question. What's going to be a good 7" lcd for this application?

obviously i'm not a computer guy....i'm a truck guy...so i'm trying to keep this as painless as possible.

53 views and no response?

Comment

www.digitalww.com, buy whatever they have that fits your budget
      http://www.arizonasportcompacts.com

Comment

That's it? "buy what you can afford?" thanks for the help peeps. i've ordered my monitor...had to pull the info from another site.

Comment

how about checking the lcd forum and puttin a little effort into it?

or just stay on that other site.
          '01 4runner ░ P3 866 ░ 128mb ░ 20gb HD ░ Radeon 9200SE PCI ░ SB PCI ░ Slim DVD/CD-RW ░ USB GPS ░ 7" Lilli vga TS ░ XP Pro ░ MC ░ Routis '04
          ForemostWebHosting
          SpeedGuyParts.com

Comment

Originally posted by sabre
            how about checking the lcd forum and puttin a little effort into it?

or just stay on that other site.
            oh my bad. i thought the point of newbie forums is for newbies to ask uninformed questions and let those with the real knowledge help them out. i stated in my first post that i was not a computer expert and while i did search, it's kinda a pain to scan thru the 300 threads full of complaints about lilly put touch screens to find the information i felt i could just as easily ask and recieve with minimal effort needed by the the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by DemoN
              oh my bad. i thought the point of newbie forums is for newbies to ask uninformed questions and let those with the real knowledge help them out. i stated in my first post that i was not a computer expert and while i did search, it's kinda a pain to scan thru the 300 threads full of complaints about lilly put touch screens to find the information i felt i could just as easily ask and recieve with minimal effort needed by the the pros.

Where did you find the display? How much did it cost?

Thanks!

Comment

i bought it from ikesound.com for 180 shipped. it's a pyle TFT LCD.

Sorry, the console in "in progress" right now and just covered in closed cell foam.

Comment

if you're interested...here's my truck.

Comment

Hey I am a n00b myself, so I really cannot give you pointers on what system is the best. However I am intrested in your project since mine is GM truck as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rdrr
                      Hey I am a n00b myself, so I really cannot give you pointers on what system is the best. However I am intrested in your project since mine is GM truck as well.

you can find more chevy/gmc truck info here

www.fullsizechevy.com

Comment

Working...
                      X