No announcement yet.

Help me put together system

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me put together system

I need to decide on some new parts for my new car....

I am looking to use the comp for games, dvd, mp3, and navigation. I want to custom mount a 10.4" touchscreen on my dash. Preferably a raw screen, I am experienced in fiberglass work, so that isn't a problem.

Help me pick out parts and cheapest place to buy for a complete system.... I want it to be a good system, but I'm not a millionaire, so cheapest possible the better.

Thanks for any help!!

Maybe that was blunt.

read this:

I understand how to physically build one, and what parts are needed. The problem is, I don't know a lot about computer brands, and where to get good deals online. I don't know what parts go good with each other. So if someone could type out a list of parts that would make up a good system, I would really appreciate it.

Also what is the cheapest route when buying LCD screens? I see them on eBay quite a bit without controllers really cheap...would it be a good idea to get one of those if I can find a controller, or would it be better to find a complete LCD?

I would suggest reading the forums here, especially the finished projects area, this will give you insight on what to buy and where to find it. There is no one good answer to your question.

Do you have a knowlege on how to build computers?
          Do you want to go with Mini-ITX or something faster?

Cheap is not always good.

also, where abouts do you live. If you want to know some places to buy from it would obviously be better if they were in the same country as you.