cant install xp on my via epia V1000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant install xp on my via epia V1000

has anyone else had this problem? im able to format but then i get random cant copy file errors? if i skip the file after a few tranfers another one comes up! ......i have tried other hard drives and cd roms , does the same thing with all of them, the disc is not scratched, i have installed many times off of this disc and never had a problem...any ideas before i have an epia for breakfast?

Know how you feel man, had exactly the same probs with my via epia 800 tried everything Hard drive, CD Rom, Memory, Cables, Power supply, including a new motherboard and windows xp home edition, also flashed the bios with latest version none of these cured the problem, eventually managed to Install xp with no copy file errors. persistance won the day in the end, lost count of how many times I ran setup to get to this stage.

Best of luck ShaunP

Comment

well after nearly putting my fists through the board i finally managed to install xp, very unstable i might add, the only way it would let me install was to set it to the fail-safe mode these boards are overpriced peice of craps!
      should have bought a mini atx instead with a way better onboard video, may be a little bigger but who cares when its in the trunk anyways!

VIA CRAPIA NIMROD C3(C3 standing for crashes every 3 minutes)

thats what they should have named this thing!

Comment

I, and many others, have installed almost every operating system on the majority of these Via Epia boards without a hitch.

I reckon it must be a PICNIC error.

Garry
        Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
        www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by Knight2000
          well after nearly putting my fists through the board i finally managed to install xp, very unstable i might add, the only way it would let me install was to set it to the fail-safe mode these boards are overpriced peice of craps!
          should have bought a mini atx instead with a way better onboard video, may be a little bigger but who cares when its in the trunk anyways!

VIA CRAPIA NIMROD C3(C3 standing for crashes every 3 minutes)

thats what they should have named this thing!
          I have had similar install problems such as yours, I'd make sure your XP disk is cool...if you have another, try it....I would also try a different CD Rom, that might cause some data transfer issues....do a clean install after you 0 out the drive....
          BossTone74

Comment

Originally posted by Confused
            I, and many others, have installed almost every operating system on the majority of these Via Epia boards without a hitch.

I reckon it must be a PICNIC error.

Garry
            LOL Or the EyeDeeTenTe error.

lol
            '02 GTI
            [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
            [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
            [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
            [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
            Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

Comment

Working...