2002 Golf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Golf

I have a 2002 golf GLS, i want to put an invisble carputer in it, I want a touch screen that can fold away into the glove box and have the rest of the system installed in the trunk. I also want to maintain the original head unit. so i'm thinking a 7" liliput touch screen and an FM modulator with everything else stashed in the trunk is the best way to go, do you all have any suggestions? including where to put the GPS because with the hatchback, there isn't really a rear shelf (which appears to be the preferred placement)

thanks

which headunit do you have the single din or double? eitherway if you are keeping your stock headunit you can get a blitzsafe adapter off www.enfig.com (my friend owns this site). You'll have to come up with an idea to mount your lilliput.
    And trunk is the way to go for carputer location..its big, its cool in the summer.
    Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

If it is a 2002 Golf it must be a double din.
      Here in Portugal we have great weather, lots of brunnets, party a lot,drink a lot....
      http://img138.echo.cx/img138/896/bannerjoshua5dy.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by PORTUGAL
        If it is a 2002 Golf it must be a double din.
        Not all of them

Comment

'02 GTI
          [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
          [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
          [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
          [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
          Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

Comment

Tha only golf i saw without double din was one with sat nav system, it had a small screen....
            Do you have pictures of a golf without a double din , im courious...
            Maybe its a us only version.
            Here in Portugal we have great weather, lots of brunnets, party a lot,drink a lot....

Comment

In the US double din or single din is just a matter of what $$ you pay. Oh and we don't get oem navigation over here.. sucks right?
              Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

Do you have pictures ??Or a link?

"In the US double din or single din is just a matter of what $$ you pay. Oh and we don't get oem navigation over here.. sucks right?"

I think that Us car`s look better than European car`s , in Europe cars are a bit conservative, they release more agrssive versions of the same models just for the Us market.
                What do you guys think about the new Golf V?? I was expecting better ,i like the new Audi A3....

Comment

Working...
                X