Turning Hibernation On

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning Hibernation On

hey i just got my Epia M10000 and have installed Xp-Pro ... and further disabled a lot of things to make it boot faster. Which it does seem to be fine.
    However (both now and before) I noticed when i hit Start > Turn off computer .... the stand by option isnt available. And when i go to Power Option Properties ... there is no hibernation tab.

How do i turn this on??

Thanks
    1999 Camaro z28
    -- Computer installed :) Phase 1
    -- z28 302hp dynoed :( WAHH!!!!

Start->Control Panel->Power Options. On the hibernate tab, make sure the 'enable hibernation' box is checked.
    VIA EPIA M10000 | 7" Lilliput Touch VGA | PW70 | 256 Meg RAM | 20 Gig 2.5" drive
    Dual Battery with Optima Yellowtop | Hellroaring Battery Isolater
    ICOM 2720A| Delorme Earthmate GPS | Tiny Track APRS
    Survives Crank

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedBee
      Start->Control Panel->Power Options. On the hibernate tab, make sure the 'enable hibernation' box is checked.
      yeah as i said on my initial post ... there IS NO 'hibernate' tab.
      1999 Camaro z28

Comment

You may have to put it into a different "scheme". What are you in now? most likely "always on" or "home", might try it as a laptop. it should provide a tab for hibernation at that point.
        2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Make sure you have ACPI and APM enabled in the BIOS. Also check that the Windows ACPI driver is the newer one (that includes hibernation). You might have disabled APM in the BIOS before you installed windows which is why you don't have the hibernation tab. FYI, as far as I know even when hibernation is enabled you will not see it when clicking start->shutdown. You will have to hold down the shift key to change the standby button to hibernate.

Originally posted by jnusaira
          yeah as i said on my initial post ... there IS NO 'hibernate' tab.

Comment

Originally posted by Izik
            FYI, as far as I know even when hibernation is enabled you will not see it when clicking start->shutdown. You will have to hold down the shift key to change the standby button to hibernate.

yeah, I get hibernate in my list..
            Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

man that makes sense .... i THINK its on in the bios ... i have it set to s1&s3

i dont know about the newest ACPI drivers ... but i have downloaded all the updates for win xp i know its probably someething simple i am missing.

Do u know of any Services i need started? cause i did disable some ... but as i said too that it wasnt there before
              1999 Camaro z28

Comment

FYI ... i figured it out .... i didnt have the VGA drivers and some of the other EPIA drivers installed on teh computer yet. Thats why it wasnt on there
                1999 Camaro z28

Comment

do you have enough room on your harddrive for the Hibernate "partition"?
                  MP3 MR2 (click here for details)
                  Hardware: EPIA M10000, 512Meg Ram, 5.6"TFT, Opus 150watt DC-DC PSU
                  Software: Windows 2000, Media Engine 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by telekineticfool
                    do you have enough room on your harddrive for the Hibernate "partition"?
                    yeah i have an 80gig hard drive on there.

And right now i only have 20gigs filled with movies and mp3s
                    1999 Camaro z28

Comment

Working...
                    X