Newbie needs help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie needs help

I have a 95 pontiac tran sport mini van with a kenwood kdc 322 cd receiver with all factory speakers. Just looking for some ideas on what I can do that does not coast alot of $$$ and would be good for my mini van.

How could I listen to streaming internet in my car without payin alot of money.

Comment

park the car in your garage and run a cat 5 cable to it.

there is really no way to achieve this, the bandwith required for decent internet radio exceeds what is currently avaliavle to use wirelessly (down here in aus anyway). and even when networks are up that allow for that kinda bandwith its gonna come with a heafty price tag
      Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

Comment

The streaming internet may be out, but just think: it's a minivan! You've got room in there for a LOT of computer gear. I'm talkin an array of P4 2.8Ghz PC's! You could just fill the back with towers. Muhahahahahaha! Just think of the mobile computing power! Now that's what I call a carPC.
        So far:
        M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Comment

Would a 1ghz computer with a 160gb external hd work in ther just fine.

Comment

I do not want to spend $750 on a complete setup but still look cool. Right now their is some cb radio stuff inside and two big cb antennas & one 54" am/fm antenna on the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by DJboutit
              Would a 1ghz computer with a 160gb external hd work in ther just fine.
              That depends on what you want your computer to do. If you want to run high end games on it then its not even going to come close. If all you want to do is run DVD and MP3 then you should be alright.

Comment

Working...
              X