Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a deal or junk

Package deal
    Shuttle X case, 865G chipset,P4 3.2, Dual Channel DDR 400 * 2 512 DDR, Onborad audio Realtek ALC 650 6 channel audio 250GB HD, Toshiba 4xDVD,48xCD, Wifi B, Raiden 9600 256mb AGP. Wintv PCI, Wireless Keyboard/Mouse, USB GPS

I wouldn't call it junk, but it looks damn expensive...
    Kenwood KVT-911DVD
    Sony XVM-R75
    Morex 3688
    VIA EPIA M10000
    512mb DDR
    Windows XP Pro
    Linksys Wireless-G

Comment

Very expensive but some people are willing to pay that because they either don't know how to build a computer or don't have the time. If it is worth it to you to not have to mess with all of that then go for it. I prefer to build mine and add all the extras with the leftover money.
      7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
      ATVMS.com

Comment

Damn Sfay you described me exactly don't know what I am doing, and don't have the time. No but really I don't have the time and do know a little about computers. Now that I think about it I think I will build one, just need a little help can anyone point me toward a website for a case and some recomendations on hardware. I want to go with TV, DVD, GPS Alot of MP3's say like 120 GB, plenty of USB ports, from what I read I need a Opus 150w. But what I don't know is what type of board to buy something in the 2.0 GHz or 2500+ range. What type and speed of ram to get 512 DDR sound good. And especially the cooling I live in Fallon, NV outside of Reno and it gets hot. And plan on going with the Xenarc 7" TS.

So if someone could help me out with the:

1. What type of board...
        2. What type of case...
        3. What type of cooling...
        4. Not really sure about this one I want TV, would the ATI All-in-one work, for my video and sound or would I have to buy a Sound card also.

Help out a brotha if you can.
        Shuttle X case, 865G chipset,P4 3.2, Dual Channel DDR 400 * 2 512 DDR, Onborad audio Realtek ALC 650 6 channel audio 250GB HD, Toshiba 4xDVD,48xCD, Wifi B, Raiden 9600 256mb AGP. Wintv PCI, Wireless Keyboard/Mouse, USB GPS

Comment

Oh I forgot I plan on spending about $1000 total including the screen, so point me in the right direction.

Comment

Ok 2 days and nobody helped, here is what I got Shuttle case, ATI 9200 256mb APG card. Pent 2.8, WinTV PCI card. 1 512MB DDR, 120 GB HD. The case came with 8 USB's and 2 1394's. Right now the power is AC until my OPUS comes in. So what do you guys think for a starter system?

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiian00exp
              Ok 2 days and nobody helped
              You can do a lot of RE in 2 days

Sounds like you got a he11 of a system to work with. Should be awesome.
              [Insert envious smiley here]
              2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Oh forgot I am waiting for the Xenarc screen and I just put in a basic dvd player, also has a built in Wifi, tomorrow I am going to get a bluetooth for one of the usb's

Comment

Ok 2 days and nobody helped, here is what I got Shuttle case, ATI 9200 256mb APG card. Pent 2.8, WinTV PCI card. 1 512MB DDR, 120 GB HD. The case came with 8 USB's and 2 1394's. Right now the power is AC until my OPUS comes in. So what do you guys think for a starter system?
                  Thats going to be some computer in your car. Looks like you are going for a full blown desktop pc. Have you calculated the power requirnments for it. That Opus PS may not be enough. You might have to go with a power inverter instead.

Comment

Shuttle PC

I got one of these for my truck and I fitted it into the console.
                    It fits perfect in a 2002 GMC p/u.
                    http://www.shuttle.com/hq/product/ba...lt.asp?B_id=27

I will post pictures when I can figure out how to reduce the file size of them.

Comment

Just wait for the DVD drive to start skipping. Looks like it accepts only 5 1/2 inch drives. I would look for something with a slim drive setup if I was you. You will be much more happier when using it in a car.

Comment

Your right, only 5 1/2 can anyone recomend any slim line drives?

Comment

Originally posted by NightHunter
                          Just wait for the DVD drive to start skipping. Looks like it accepts only 5 1/2 inch drives. I would look for something with a slim drive setup if I was you. You will be much more happier when using it in a car.
                          or just get one with a big onboard buffer.

onboard buffer size isnt fixed, you know...

besides, i like the idea of a substantial tray coming out rather than a slot loading one.

Comment

True, the thought of a big buffer size never even crossed my mind, thanks for the idea, and no I have not even considered the power idea, I hope the 150w is enough. Mr. J email me the pics [email protected]

Comment

Hey got another question with my onboard sound it's Realtek ALC 650 6 channel audio so what would be my best bet for getting the sound to the stereo, FM modulator or the headphone jack to rca? Plus what about the SPDIF not to sure about this one I have never used one.

Comment

Working...
                              X