What type of connection for sound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of connection for sound

Ok this is the card that I have, what type of connector do I need to connect to my rca connections on the back of my Head Unit? Also on the board not sure if you can see it but there is SPDIF.

3.5mm earphone type jack to RCA, plug them into the 3 jacks all above one another next to the usb sockets

Nice motherboard by the way, and what type of power supply will you be using ?
    Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

What board is that?

Oh, and do you plan to run 4/5 channel audio, or just stereo? This will determine which and how many of the regular audio output you will use. (I am assuming that this board does multi-channel audio.)
      "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a b@$#*??!!"

Comment

if he did plan to run 4/5 channel audio how would he do that then?!?

Comment

Some motherboards and soundcards have 4/5 channel audio out. Usually if you use it then the audio in or microphone in plugs become outputs.

Comment

Looks like an Abit IC7-MAX3...
            Aura MR62 (F and R)
            My Current MP3s
            IamDefiler.com

Comment

Your right on the mondy about the Abit, I got a good deal on newegg I got 2 one for home and car. The board is 6 channel I believe. Still go with the RCA?

Comment

It has to be RCA. i don't know of any car amplifiers that take spdif. But as I was saying, depending on if you just want stereo audio (2 channel) or more, you will use either 1 RCA cable (for stereo), 2 RCA cables (for 4 channel), or 3 RCA cables (for 6 channel). It's all how you want it set up, and how much of an audiophile you are.

Comment

Working...
                X