INSTALLED, but with problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INSTALLED, but with problems

i hate this, installed everything ok, had it kinda profesionally installed, yet m getting these problems.

my VGA quality is poor. sometimes it says that its "OVER RANGE" what do i do to this problem? i have a 7" lilliput. i extended the VGA from the front to the trunk... is that why the quality is poor?

also, im having feedback when i play my mp3s. and all my volume controls have to be all the way up to hear the music... m using soundblaster mp3+

HELP!!! what to do? please help me so i could tell the installers what to do while my car is still under their "WARRANTY"

what is the resolution you are using? and what is the refresh rate. I would suggest using powerstrip as it would allow using the custom resolutions... If you need help setting up the powerstrip pm me...

Comment

If you have an Epia motherboard, go into the CMOS settings and make sure the monitor type is set to LCD. I've heard that if it's not set this way with the Lilliput, it may sometimes say OVER RANGE improperly.
      Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
      http://hallert.net/

Comment

how do i get to that CMOS thing? sorry, not good with computers.

i checked my control panel and display, it only has a choice of 800x600 and 1xxx something by 1xxx im not really sure.

this is actually how my setup is:

EPIA M9000
        7" lilliput
        (2)5.6" tft/lcd

i ran the mp3+ out to a Y-splitter with my DVD player. to the AUX, and im getting feedback BIG TIME! cant even hear the music.

Comment

Reboot your computer. When the first image shows up (on my M10000 it says 'EPIA MAINBOARD' or something like that) hit the Del key on your keyboard. This will bring up the CMOS settings screen, a text menu that lets you configure your motherboard. You should find the 'Monitor type' somewhere in one of the menus, maybe the 'Chipset Configuration' menu, I can't remember (and my car is down in my garage and I'm stuck on a conference call right now).

Hope that helps, I'll be checking here frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by ericdee
            how do i get to that CMOS thing? sorry, not good with computers.

i checked my control panel and display, it only has a choice of 800x600 and 1xxx something by 1xxx im not really sure.

this is actually how my setup is:

EPIA M9000
            7" lilliput
            (2)5.6" tft/lcd

i ran the mp3+ out to a Y-splitter with my DVD player. to the AUX, and im getting feedback BIG TIME! cant even hear the music.
            You go into CMOS when your computer is first starting up. There is a differant key that you press for differant motherboards but it is usually delete or F1. It should tell you when the computer is first turned on what key to press to go into setup. Try pressing del or f1 when your computer is first powered on, and keep pressing it until you get to the CMOS setup (You will be able to tell when this comes up), or you get to the Windows startup screen (which means you didn't press the right key and means you have to restart and try again).
            AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
            Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
            Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
            -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Originally posted by Chairboy
              Reboot your computer. When the first image shows up (on my M10000 it says 'EPIA MAINBOARD' or something like that) hit the Del key on your keyboard. This will bring up the CMOS settings screen, a text menu that lets you configure your motherboard. You should find the 'Monitor type' somewhere in one of the menus, maybe the 'Chipset Configuration' menu, I can't remember (and my car is down in my garage and I'm stuck on a conference call right now).

Hope that helps, I'll be checking here frequently.
              Crap, you typed your's up and posted it right before mine.
              AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
              Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
              Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
              -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Not sure what you're powering it with, but if you're using an inverter, you probably want a ground loop isolator or something to get rid of the alternator whine.
                2002 VW Golf GLS - Red
                EPIA-MII10000
                512MB SDRAM, 80GB HD, DVD
                7" Lilliput Touchscreen
                Belkin Nostromo n50 SpeedPad
                Opus 150W, USB Earthmate GPS
                Dell True Mobile 1150 w/ 7 dBi antenna
                Hauppauge WinTV-GO-FM

Comment

will try the CMOS thing once m done with my test.

JOKER:: i am powering my carpc with a morex 60watt and ITPS.

Comment

Originally posted by brady
                    Crap, you typed your's up and posted it right before mine.
                    That's fine, mine was missing some stuff that yours filled in. We're all a team here on the Mp3car forums! Ra, ra, sis-boom-bah! yayyyy!

Comment

In my limited experience, all the feedback problems i've had were because of grounding issues. You want to ground your power as far away from your battery as you can, from what I've read.
                      2002 VW Golf GLS - Red
                      EPIA-MII10000
                      512MB SDRAM, 80GB HD, DVD
                      7" Lilliput Touchscreen
                      Belkin Nostromo n50 SpeedPad
                      Opus 150W, USB Earthmate GPS
                      Dell True Mobile 1150 w/ 7 dBi antenna
                      Hauppauge WinTV-GO-FM

Comment

For the humming, I agree it is likely a ground loop problem.

A ground loop isolator may help but it will also make the music sound like it is coming from down a hallway. They are cheap and easy solution, you can buy them at WalMart.

A better solution is to properly ground all of your components. There is a good article in the forums at sounddomain.com. It is a stickly in one of they forums (Installation maybe?). I don't have the link handy. A professional car audio installer should know the fundamentals of grounding and can apply it to your computer setup. I don't know any professionals so I've always been dubious.

Comment

Originally posted by ericdee
                          Did you just wire them together to the aux in on your headunit? This does
                          not work very often. You will probably need some tyoe of switcher for your sound if you are also going to be running a DVD player. Try just using the computer only and see if that helps your sound.

Comment

Search the forums for "ground loop"

Comment

COASTERLVR:: my setup requires me to just have one of my components on, either my DVD or my CARPC. do you think having a switcher would help? do you think the feedback is coming from the DVD even though it is off?

which components do i ground? i had mine proffesionally installed and they grounded everything, that what he said. what specific components do i ground? do i ground my sound blaster mp3+?

Comment

Working...
                              X