Need help getting sound to speakers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help getting sound to speakers

Hey guys, I have everything set up....just need a little help.....i have this Head Unit -http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4039_38309_tab=B,00.html?compName=PNA_Prod uctDetailComponent
    It has 3 sets of rca's on the back....1 for subwoofers which is in use.... how do i get 6 channel audio??? I know theres an adaptor i can use instead of a cd changer but i dunno if this will do the trick....

are you talking about 5.1 sound or are you talking about 6.1 sound?

that deck only has front, rear, and sub outputs... so thas basically 5 channels. i dont know what adapter you are talking about, but if you post the link or some description of it, im sure someone can help...

BTW... i never understood the need for a center channel in the car. sitting ~ 5 feet away from every speaker kinda makes a dedicated center channel a bit odd... but thats just me...

~mike
    Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
    PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
    2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

ok what i was most worried about was the subs, i dont care about center....I just wanna know what i need to do to get the front speakers and the subs going for dvds and mp3s

Comment

Originally posted by scoobydugan
        ok what i was most worried about was the subs, i dont care about center....I just wanna know what i need to do to get the front speakers and the subs going for dvds and mp3s
        that deck has 3 sets of rca outputs... one for front, one for rear, and one for subs. if you use a 4 channel amp you can run the front and rear off the same amp, and have a separate dedicated amp (1 or 2 channels) for the sub.

or you could skip the amp for the front and rear speakers. but you WILL need an amp if you want to run subs.

perhaps you could give some more info on what you want to do, what you have, what you are planning on buying, etc... that would clear up a bit of the confustion.

~mike
        Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
        PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
        2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

Its going to be stereo, and not 5 or 6 channel. The outputs are two channel stereo only, and the sub out (low pass) is probably on the rear. The only difference between the front and rear outputs is your fader setting.
          Fabricator

Comment

okay, i have that HU, i do have an amp powering my subs but theres only 1 set of plugs for it, which are being used by the HU....do i need a splitter or something?

Comment

Working...
            X