Im I missing anything?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im I missing anything?

Im really new to this, but I really want to have a PC in my car, and I have spent over a month looking for parts.. I know a few things but could you help tell me what else I need, thanks alot.
    (Please tell me if you know of a more useful part then the ones I listed )

Im not sure what motherboard or case i should get (I know about ITX and mirco-Atx, what would you prefer), but I want to power a...
    - I want a Sound Blaster Audigy NX External (usb)
    - Earthmate GPS (usb)
    - D-Link FM Radio (usb)
    - Lilliput 7"
    - Be able to have the winamp VIS to play with full screen on at a desent resolution (at least 640x480) without framyness.
    - I want to be able to remote start my car, so the comp has time to load up.. will I need anything for this (besides, the remote starter installed)
    - I have also read about a Flash Drive IDE adapter, does this make the system load faster if all the load file shere on that instead of the hard drive?

Thanks, Rith
    CarPC Status:
    [||..........] 12%: Planning

Have:
    • IRman • PS2 Remote • USB 2.0 Powered Hub • Backup HD

Coming Soon:
    • Aopen Pandora • Celeron M 1.4 CPU • 256/512 DDR2 So-DIMM RAM • Lilliput 7" Touchscreen VGA • Car Power Supply (M/Opus)

You can get some car alarms that remote start your car, these would keep your new install safe as well as offering you remote start. Try the Clifford concept series if your interested. You need to decide what PSU you are going to fit if you are running that much equipment. Aren't sure the flash drive ide would be worth it though, and maybe a cheap PCI gfx card for your winamp VIS to play well.

Comment

nah you won't need a graphics card, scratch what i just said.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, what about the motherboard, should i go with a ITX or micro-ATX, I will have a sound system and a 1.5 farrad capatior on the battery... if that makes a diffference on the amount of power i will use.
        CarPC Status:
        [||..........] 12%: Planning

Have:
        • IRman • PS2 Remote • USB 2.0 Powered Hub • Backup HD

Coming Soon:
        • Aopen Pandora • Celeron M 1.4 CPU • 256/512 DDR2 So-DIMM RAM • Lilliput 7" Touchscreen VGA • Car Power Supply (M/Opus)

Comment

ITX Board. Via M10000 or another one if you feel you need more.
          2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71
          STOLEN - M10000, 512MB, 60GB 2.5" HDD, 7" Custom mounted Lilliput, Morex 3688 Case, 90W PSU w/ ITPS, GPS & CD-RW/DVD. New parts ordered for the next generation!

Comment

Working...
          X